Slow Render on Nvidea gt 740

Hi, Just gone back to bryce on a faster pc but Bryce has got slower. When i render a scene on the preview setting, high priority and no AA it's just making the video card fan go faster and faster and the render goes slower and slower. Any ideas whats going on. Hex core processor so not sure why the problem.

Comments

• Bryce doesn't rely on the display to do anything other than perform display functions. You Hexcore processors however could well be heating up during rendering which in turn will heat up your nearby Nvidia card.

If you havent used Bryce in a while you may have forgotten how much rendering on CPU differes from GPU. I know its an adjustment for me. Most likely you will want to get more cooling into the system.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,148

kdwyermedia - Bryce uses the CPU to render and the cheapest graphics card will nicely do. CPUs have several cores nowadays but some may only be virtual ones (multi-threading). For example a 8 core is often a 4 core multi-threaded. Bryce takes 1 core in Low priority, half of the available cores in Normal priority and all up to 8 in high priority. Multi-threading adds about 15% of speed but takes much more than that for power und thus heats up the CPU considerably. If your computer sports a multithreaded CPU, run a render once on high and once on normal priority, and check the render time and the CPU temperature for both.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited January 2017

Bryce doesn't rely on the display to do anything other than perform display functions. You Hexcore processors however could well be heating up during rendering which in turn will heat up your nearby Nvidia card.

If you havent used Bryce in a while you may have forgotten how much rendering on CPU differes from GPU. I know its an adjustment for me. Most likely you will want to get more cooling into the system.

Agree with Rashad and Horo. Bryce doesn't use Gpu but it can run your CPU at 100% wich means it can warm up your processor in a short time. By the past I have buy an i7 4790k which is delivered with a stock intel ventirad. I quickly encountered problems because of the poor air flow. I've solve the problem by replacing this system by a liquid cooling system.

Post edited by c-ram on