Decrepitude

ElowanElowan Posts: 388
edited January 2013 in The Commons

Not having any luck displaying this item in either Poser8 or DS 4.5.

In DS - I get a msg to the effect that something in the scene needs to be selected, etc, but there's nothing on the screen Doesn't load into P8 either.

Anyone else have this problem or have a clue as to wazzup?

Thnx.

Hmmm - maybe Anamnesis needs be loaded 1st? Yeah - maybe omegs3 would help but I'm out.

Post edited by Elowan on

Comments

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

The error message you're getting means you're clicking on a material or shader file, not a separate object. So the product it's a texture set for would need to be loaded first and selected.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    The error message you're getting means you're clicking on a material or shader file, not a separate object. So the product it's a texture set for would need to be loaded first and selected.

I get it and many thnx and have a happy new year.

edited January 2013

I'm having the same problem with Anamnesis. It's listed as a ds file. Does that mean it's a texture file? If so - for what? Looking at the product page I see no 'must have' or other notation so I thought that it would load into DS.

Update - the obj files are in the Runtime folder so perhaps i need to IMPORT the Poser version.

My wife went out for some omega3 and Margueritas. WooHoo!

Update: Maybe it was the Marguerita but - importing the Poser version into DS worked. Gadzooks!

Post edited by Elowan on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A lot of content will be found in the runtime. It's only DAZ materials and genesis stuff that wont be in the runtime. No need to import, the runtime is one of your menu options.

edited January 2013

OK. Anamnesis imported into DS just fine BUT I can't seem to load the Decrepitude file/textures despite having selected the Anamnesis objects within DS.

I thought that since .ds files are material files ...

Maybe another Marguerita?

Post edited by Elowan on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    OK. Anamnesis imported into DS just fine

What exactly do you mean by "import"? Are you using the Import command on the File menu? You're supposed to load the Poser-format files in exactly the same way as you do the D|S files, by navigating to the proper Poser Library folders in the Content Library tab.

I know it might seem like needless nitpicking, but importing a Poser file has been known to behave a little differently from loading exactly the same file via the Content Library.

edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    OK. Anamnesis imported into DS just fine

What exactly do you mean by "import"? Are you using the Import command on the File menu? You're supposed to load the Poser-format files in exactly the same way as you do the D|S files, by navigating to the proper Poser Library folders in the Content Library tab.

I know it might seem like needless nitpicking, but importing a Poser file has been known to behave a little differently from loading exactly the same file via the Content Library.

Ah so. I was not aware of that procedure. I thought that I was supposed to import Poser files into DAZ Studio