Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Josh,

I challenge you to:

- Find an item here for $1.99 in the old catalog then make your version of it. I would love to see your revisualization of the Gargoyle hound or the Tawhawk.

-Do something "Horrific" to the Daz Horse 2

-Make something thoroughly UNLIKE any of your other items by tackling another genre such as a comedy, cartoon figure or a superhero or such. Something OTHER than horror. :)

• RKane_1 said:

Josh,

I challenge you to:

- Find an item here for $1.99 in the old catalog then make your version of it. I would love to see your revisualization of the Gargoyle hound or the Tawhawk.

-Make something thoroughly UNLIKE any of your other items by tackling another genre such as a comedy, cartoon figure or a superhero or such. Something OTHER than horror. :)

https://www.daz3d.com/monster-from-hell/ maybe something like this one?

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519
    RKane_1 said:

Too many are doing those, horror and sci-fi are great, now applying them to those genre could be interesting.  

• RKane_1 said:

Josh,

I challenge you to:

It's not really feasible financially speaking to support older figures. The hard truth of it is, most sales will come from new figure lines. However, if any of that comes down the line in terms of newer figures that are non-human etc, I'll definitely consider doing something for them.

edited April 2018
    RKane_1 said:

Josh,

I challenge you to:

It's not really feasible financially speaking to support older figures. The hard truth of it is, most sales will come from new figure lines. However, if any of that comes down the line in terms of newer figures that are non-human etc, I'll definitely consider doing something for them.

Sorry, I may not have made my meaning clear and for that I apologize. I did not mean to take the work they have already done but rather, take the concept at its base and go crazy with it. I mean, Gargoyle Hound. Don't even go look at theirs. Just start with the idea of it and make yours from scratch.

I would love to see what you would do with that kind of concept starting from scratch. Not working with what they have or building on it, but rather starting at square one with your own work process and visualization. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • something rotting and bone like with flesh hanging off if that is allowed of course

• I've got an interesting question:  Has anyone made Chinese "Foo Dog" guardian lions like the ones in the ancient statues.... but in flesh and bone?  :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_guardian_lions

• I've got an interesting question:  Has anyone made Chinese "Foo Dog" guardian lions like the ones in the ancient statues.... but in flesh and bone?  :D

think I saw some renders in the gallery of statues like these recentlt but actual flesh and blood looking versions as if alive don't think there has been any, that makes me think of some of those statue creatures you see in Asian movies and games like Bayonetta pretty cool idea and creepy

I've got an interesting question:  Has anyone made Chinese "Foo Dog" guardian lions like the ones in the ancient statues.... but in flesh and bone?  :D

I would LOVE to see that.

• A Balrog type please. It shall not pass.. my wallet without getting bought asap.

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342

How about a new four arms, and two heads person , but not person some sort of creature.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550

I want six arms kali-shiva monsters, and big & fatty gargoyles

• Big fan of your work, Josh!  I am curious, is it possible to do something like a create-a-monster pack?  That is, taking all your monsters you have made and putting the body parts on separate morphs?  So I could have a totally regular guy but with giant monster hands, or a normal body with the Dweller's face?  Or even mixing the bits to form other monsters?  I am a huge horror fan, so I could throwout some ideas for new monsters too, if you are taking ideas.

• Big fan of your work, Josh!  I am curious, is it possible to do something like a create-a-monster pack?  That is, taking all your monsters you have made and putting the body parts on separate morphs?  So I could have a totally regular guy but with giant monster hands, or a normal body with the Dweller's face?  Or even mixing the bits to form other monsters?  I am a huge horror fan, so I could throwout some ideas for new monsters too, if you are taking ideas.

kinda like the Genesis 2 Creature Creator? i’d love that!

edited May 2018

The attached is Glumgurgle HD for Ollie 8 with HFS Shapes applied - it is one of the great things about Josh's figures, the work as a great base for experimenting.  

cat.jpg
    2560 x 2048 - 768K
    Post edited by TraceSL on

oh, another suggestion, a Jack-o-lantern/scarecrow character.  

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,318

This one may be tricky as it's a rather extreme morph, but I'm in need of a G8M walrus person something like this:

• This one may be tricky as it's a rather extreme morph, but I'm in need of a G8M walrus person something like this:

Have you ever seen the movie TUSK? It’s a very weird horror movie.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

well got two witches from you now sooo how about some minion creatures something kinda cutish but creepy gross looking at same time really deformed that looked equally good resized small as they do full man sized but at that say really intimadating 

edited May 2018

oh just thought of something do you have daz dragon 3, how about some cool new monster morphs for that that'd be really cool like these mist creatures or the relic monster and so on and maybe some monster morphs for the horse 2 too so we have some new ridable creatures or just as monsters/creatures/alienish using those bases that are different than dragons and horses

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: one or more people

Image result for the relic

Post edited by Chohole on
  • How about a werewolf that actually looks like a werewolf. One with a wolf's head and tail. Or at the very least something close to the ones from Skyrim. (Nothing against NW Lycanthropus)

edited May 2018

Grat Troll character Josh! 

troll.jpg
    1669 x 1335 - 838K
    Post edited by TraceSL on

nice render TraceSL

• How about a werewolf that actually looks like a werewolf. One with a wolf's head and tail. Or at the very least something close to the ones from Skyrim. (Nothing against NW Lycanthropus)

https://www.daz3d.com/skinchangers

https://www.daz3d.com/skinchangers-female

Minions Of Floyd

featuring several of your creatures, Troll, Glumgurgle, The Dweller, Hobgoblin, and Robbus

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/584481

Josh, I would like to congrats you for your Troll, and I have a new suggestion for you. Could you consider creating a monster based on shoebill birds?

• Erock3DErock3D Posts: 52

That's a real thing!?  The animated GIF is creepy.  It kind of reminds me of the bird creatures in The Dark Crystal.

Yes. The first pic I posted is a youtube video, watch it

saw one video on facebook of this bird well two birds with a window seperating them and one smashed the window  another on one of those animal comedy clip shows on tv where they have comedians and animal experts comenting on funny weird videos and the animal expert admitted he did not like these birds got a nasty temper

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

There are times the connection between birds and dinosaurs is rather clear.