Daz Studio and Poser Library Structure

darianbarnesdarianbarnes Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I was wondering if there was anywhere I could find information on how Daz Studio 4.5 and Poser 2012 Libraries are structured. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is this in the DAZ 3D docs area : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/poser/poser-misc41 There may be more if you poke around.

If you open DS4, go to the Content Library pane, then Poser Formats > My Library, you will see what sub-folders are there, like Figures (CR2), Pose (PZ2) and Props (PP2). Poser generally used a fairly rigid file structure, but starting with Poser 8, that was relaxed a bit, and I think it is even more relaxed with Poser Pro 2012.

DAZ Studio does not have a rigid file structure, and as long as the files are a known DAZ Studio format, (DS, DSA, DSB, DSF etc etc), then they will appear insdie DS4 under DAZ Studio Formats in the Content Library pane. Poser formats will only appear under Poser Formats > My Library, or any other library name you have for holding Poser Runtimes.

If you go to the Content Library pane, find Poser Formats, right click on it, you can add a Poser Runtime folder from there using the option 'Add a Runtime Directory'. You should enter the path to the folder which 'holds' the folder called Runtime, and NOT the runtime folder itself.

If that doesn't help very much, I will see what I can dig up for you. Just remember to look in the correct place in the Content Library. All of the figures before Genesis were in Poser Format (V4, M4 etc), and you will only find them in the Poser Formats area.

• darianbarnesdarianbarnes Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for your help. Take care.