Shaved Hair questions - what model, autofit, male version, etc.

firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456
edited January 2017 in The Commons

Anyone know who this is? I'm terrible at this. I wish the artists would list all the models they use, because I surf/buy off of products they  make look good.

Edit: Changed title of thread since so many questions were being asked and answered. 

shavedpopup08-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 245K
Post edited by firewarden on

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Looks a lot like Olympia 7 to me. 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

@Redz,

Oh, that is Olympia 7! One of the Odessa hair promo pix even shows those piercings on her earlobe.  

Thank you! I am horrible with faces and never would have figured that out. 

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861
    edited January 2017

Indeed it is. Daz must have liked how the hair looked on her as they chose her as the "leading actress" :)

Oh btw all characters I used are Daz "7" figures, except one is Gwennili (the one that shows the full/thin option).

Post edited by bluejaunte on

@bluejaunte, thanks for the info. :)  

Shaved Hair is awesome and a must-buy for me. I love how incredibly real it looks with the soft hairline and thin options. I have a daughter who has buzzed her head for several years due to a rare alopecia, so this really caught my eye. (That and we always notice how many ladies actually can truly rock a buzz/shaved haircut.) Just what I need to work with a new character; I can see this being very well-used.

Thank you for the great product!

Thanks for the kind words firewarden! Glad you like it and thanks so much for buying it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I am curious if the shaved hair works on men. I don't have a use for the female version but could use it for the men.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

I thought with autofit that fitting the hair to G3M would be easy for a hair product, does this mean the hair is LAMH hair?

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Oh yes it i the amazing Olympia 7 : )

I am curious if the shaved hair works on men. I don't have a use for the female version but could use it for the men.

The version for men is actually done and currently in the final stage at Daz. Don't have a release date but my guess would be within 2 weeks. Very soon anyway.

I thought with autofit that fitting the hair to G3M would be easy for a hair product, does this mean the hair is LAMH hair?

It's a geoshell to avoid fitting problems. Hair like this that needs to be super close to the skull would create either poke through or ugly halos around the silhouette which I was able to avoid with a geoshell. It will always fit perfectly like a second skin no matter the character or morph. Best to wait for the male version. I've suggested to marketing to give an additional discount to those who already bought the female version :)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

FWIW, this product also give some nice options if you want more. Works on both sexes. http://www.daz3d.com/buzzed-hair-for-genesis-genesis-2-and-genesis-3

edited January 2017

@fastbike1, I have Buzzed Hair and love it, but it's not the shaved look. 

Edit: That just sounds weird. 

Post edited by firewarden on

I like buzzed hair, but I find it a touch thin. Looks a bit like the individual is a radiation victim. It needs to be denser I think

Buzzed is kinda wispy, I guess. But I think that's one of the things I like about it. But I also love that Shaved Hair looks dense the way real hair looks when it's buzzed down to the scalp. It's incredibly realistic, versus the stylized of so many DAZ hairs.

Yeah I think it would be hard to get that shaved look with fibermesh. What bothers me about the buzzed hair is the very high hairline also. Especially for women this is rather uncommon and makes them look a bit sickly.

Yeah it does have a receding hairline on men too. Wish that was adjustable.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,812

Best to wait for the male version. I've suggested to marketing to give an additional discount to those who already bought the female version :)

Good suggestion. :-)

Out of curiosity, is "Bluejaunte" a reference to Alfred Bester's "Tiger, Tiger" (aka "The Stars My Destination")?

Best to wait for the male version. I've suggested to marketing to give an additional discount to those who already bought the female version :)

Out of curiosity, is "Bluejaunte" a reference to Alfred Bester's "Tiger, Tiger" (aka "The Stars My Destination")?

It is. Surpised anyone caught that :)

One thing I've learned from life: there's always someone who's a bigger nerd than you.  :-)

One thing I've learned from life: there's always someone who's a bigger nerd than you.  :-)

Yup apparently! Well it's cool that someone is in the know :)

I've suggested to marketing to give an additional discount to those who already bought the female version :)

How did marketing react to your suggestion? :-)

I've suggested to marketing to give an additional discount to those who already bought the female version :)

Seems they released without any special discount.

http://www.daz3d.com/shaved-hair-for-genesis-3-male-s

At least there was a 40% off that day.

Seems they released without any special discount.

http://www.daz3d.com/shaved-hair-for-genesis-3-male-s

At least there was a 40% off that day.

Ah well, thanks for trying.

And even without any special discount, it looks like a must-have.

edited June 2017

Hey guys. Just wanted to report this Shaved Hair actually works for G8 with no issues. Doesn't even need to be autofitted, it just works like a native G8 product. :)

Post edited by bluejaunte on

Hey guys. Just waned to report this Shaved Hair actually works for G8 with no issues. Doesn't even need to be autofitted, it just works like a native G8 product. :)

Cool!