Wont work in carrara.

• harlequin-3dharlequin-3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah...that would explain it then.
    Thanks for the info.

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

So. Wait.

If I just wrote a script that converted the DSAs into PZ2s, I'd be good to go with all these materials and things that I can't find in Carrara?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Not sure. The DAZ materials are probably based on image maps, but probably use special features of the D/S shading engine for effects. If that's the case, then they may not translate correctly if at all. Would the newfangled DUF get most of that data translated over from D/S?

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

I think it's just a text formatting issue. Which is why I think it's possible to write a script to scrape out the required info from the one file and move it to the other. That's stuff I do as a part of my day-job.

Both of these file types are text files with no binary in them -- I searched through my runtime to check it out. Both files refer to jpgs but in some cases, there are examples of both files that point to the same jpgs.

If I get some free time, I'll see if I can write a little php conversion routine.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Considering this has been an on going issue since DAZ bought carrara, I doubt it has that simple of a solution. Or some one would have done it by now. carrara has never been able to read a DSA.