Today only Coupon Trouble

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anyone know what the terms are to use 2013BLAST coupon that came in this morning email? The email only says excludes license, membership and gift cards plus you have to purchase $10.00 but the coupon will not work on the new monkey offered today.

Comments

• edited December 1969

KimberSue said:
    Anyone know what the terms are to use 2013BLAST coupon that came in this morning email? The email only says excludes license, membership and gift cards plus you have to purchase $10.00 but the coupon will not work on the new monkey offered today.

The Monkey Business product is not a DAZ original item, as it is by 3D Universe. The coupon only works if you are purchasing $10 of DAZ original items.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

KimberSue said:

The Monkey Business product is not a DAZ original item, as it is by 3D Universe. The coupon only works if you are purchasing $10 of DAZ original items.

Thanks

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

I have a DAZ item, the Genesis Creature Creator Bundle, in the shopping cart. Neither the coupon for today or my PC coupon seem to be working. I enter the code, click the button, then.... nothing. No error. No acknowledgement at all that it even sees it.

Shouldn't I at least get an error? I used to.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

There's a couple of other threads about problems with the coupon and suposedly free item.
    one here
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14334/

If interested the coupon from rendo is working

edited December 1969

Just an FYI, the Discount Codes, Gift Cards and Gift Card status and balance links/buttons are not working for me. I'm on a Mac with 10.8.2. I've tried it with Safari 6.0.2, Chrome 23.0.127.64, Firefox 17.0.1 and Opera 12.11. None of them responded to ether form or the gift card status link.

• UmedioUmedio Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Same here. Neither the 2013BLAST nor the platinum club rewards is applying properly to the cart...

edited December 1969

Since it's now the 2nd, we lost out on the $5 2013BLAST coupon. I've already deleted my shopping cart. Guess DAZ missed out on a sale.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

MacSavers said:
    Since it's now the 2nd, we lost out on the $5 2013BLAST coupon. I've already deleted my shopping cart. Guess DAZ missed out on a sale.

I put in a support ticket on this yesterday and haven't heard a word, so I'll be doing the same with the item in my shopping cart.

Then again, with quite a few of us having the same problem with DAZ Original items not applying the coupon (or the PC monthly coupon), I'd think they would extend it once (if) they get it fixed.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

My New Years resolution is to ignore Daz Originals coupons.... I have picked over most of it countless times.... I just end up spending a wasted 30 minutes with nothing to show for it. I'll just use them when they work on a new Daz Original but usually they won't work on newer ones.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    My New Years resolution is to ignore Daz Originals coupons.... I have picked over most of it countless times.... I just end up spending a wasted 30 minutes with nothing to show for it.

Amen to that.

I think those of us who have been good customers (Translation: have already spent our retirement savings and the childrens' college fund at DAZ) already own most of the DAZ Originals that we want. Combing the back catalogue for something that we might have missed is a time-consuming and usually pointless activity.

The BOGO sale, with its funky logic and weird combinatorial maths, was a particular time-sink. Not that I didn't get a (theoretically) spectacular bargain, but I sure wasted a lot of time on that exercise.

I've noticed lately that the rules governing DAZ special offers are getting steadily more complicated. Either they're just seeing what they can do with the Magento engine, or it's actually an elaborate distributed intelligence test, like making rats run mazes. I hope we all get a nice piece of cheese at the end.

The coupons are probably great for newcomers. For old hands, they're less appealing. The same applies to the monthly PC coupon: in the old days, I'd usually have spent it by about 9AM on the first of the month. Now that it's for DAZ Originals only (and interacts in weird ways with the new sales, so that the actual saving when you try to combine the coupon with a sale is often much less than the nominal $6), I find myself arriving at the end of the month wondering what to spend it on.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited January 2013

I have to agree on the coupons not working as advertised. I had this coupon for an Aiko/Hiro morph for genesis as a thank you of sorts and when I tried it, it doesn't work. I have the a3/h3 models anyway, but I thought having the option to use genesis would be neat to fit the other clothes without a lot of work. But when I try it... the coupon doesn't work. *sigh* Then that 2013blast one. Didn't work. Why pique our interests with coupons that don't work? A little courtesy to reactivate them would be nice (and make sure they work this time).

Post edited by Servant on