How to have a render size different from the final image size?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, how do I have a render image that is smaller than the image that I am trying to save so that I do not have to wait for the full image to render on the screen befor I save it.  The reason I ask is because if I choose a large size for my final save image, then I cannot see the full image on my screen because that image too changes to the size that is saved.  Then I cannot see my work to make changes because it is too big on the screen.  Can I have the display size be different from the saved image?  I thought I did that but when I saved it, it was whatever size I selected for the render size. 

Thanks for the help.  :)

Comments

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

You can setup a smaller Document { file/Document Setup} to create a smaller scene and  make  changes in that preview size. After the scene is completely done. Then you can go back to {File/Document Setup } . And Setup the larger size, render then save that image. Or you can use {File/Render to Disk } here you can set really large dimensions and DPI setting for Print, render to disk will render the image to a destination you set. It's important that you keep the dimensions constrained to the same ratio when you change document sizes. Also when you  have a large rendered scene in the preview window hold the spacebar key and drag the mouse curser on the render to see areas of the render that are hidden.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120
    edited January 2017

File > Document Setup, set Render Resolution. You can keep Document Resolution while working on the scene and save it. Then just change the Render Resolution.

Render Resolution

RemderResolution.jpg
    395 x 323 - 27K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • morph6877morph6877 Posts: 8
    edited March 2018

I can't see these settings in Studio 4.10 when I look under the file menu.

Post edited by morph6877 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

morph6877 - this is Bryce, not Daz Studio.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You can move your thread if you have posted in the wrong froum.

Click on the gear icon in your first post, and then click "Edit" from the drop down list. The next page , on the left hand side you will see "Category"  you can select the DS forum from the drop down list there, cthen click to post the edited comment. at the bottom as usual