Dynamic Flirt Dress now live [Commercial]

KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just in time for your virtual new years eve parties! Set includes 4 fancy textures and solid textures that match each of them.

flirt_dance.jpg
500 x 650 - 230K

Comments

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 2012

Such a pretty dress! Rendered in reality.

flirty.jpg
    867 x 587 - 107K
    Post edited by Heatherleea on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Thank you Heatherlee!

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work as usual Khory!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Perfect timing, I was looking for a dynamic dress with a more fitted look to it.

Fingers crossed there'll be more in the pipeline with a pinched/fitted waist - it really helps to enhance gracefulness of posed figure

edited December 1969

Thank you SimonWM!

I'm glad to hear it fits a style you were on the look out for Jabba.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

This is a really pretty dress, I love the fact that its for V5.

flirty1.jpg
    707 x 981 - 135K
    edited December 1969

Scorpio that is really cute!

edited December 1969

I couldn't resist had to do another one, this time I used Khory's Celestial Poses for Victoria 5 and Michael 5, looks like they were made for each other.

flirtyflirtzwingsr.jpg
    1000 x 831 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Love the renders scorpio64dragon and Heatherlee. The solids look really wonderful in both those renders. In scorpio's the red is just so lush and the teal in Heatherlee's is so silky.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Thanks Heatherlee and Khory.

Used one of the Dark Green textures on this one.

flirty2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 162K
    edited December 1969

That green looks really rich, going to have to try that color next I think, looks like she got caught sneaking in, nice render.

edited December 1969

That dress does look wonderful in that lighting. I really like the color choices and the lamps over on the side are a really nice touch.

edited December 1969

Oh yes, loving it... Keep up the good work

If you fancy doing anything inspired by the Christian Dior "New Look" of the 40's & 50's, I'd be VERY interested.

Flirty_Dress_Test_reduced.jpg
    1261 x 1080 - 449K
    edited January 2013

Great render Jabba! The fabric really looks silky in that lighting.

If you fancy doing anything inspired by the Christian Dior “New Look” of the 40’s & 50’s, I’d be VERY interested.

I think the really full skirts are out because they want to self intersect like crazy. It was the very first sort of thing I wanted to work on and we tried like crazy to do it before we went with a shorter skirt. On the other hand I'd love to see more fitted formal dresses myself. Several of the ones I looked at are very timeless.

Oh and if you have not looked at Martin's store, there are a couple of really wonderful 50'sish dresses. There is also great little designer jacket in his freestuff.

Post edited by Khory on
    edited December 1969

Aha, that sure explains why I've never come across them (such a shame, it's by far my favourite look).

But don't you worry, I've already got most of Martin's store - I have plenty of dynamic options in my runtime... but you know what it's like when you get a taste for it - more, more, we want more! :D

I might try some more experimenting with draping some dynamic garments over conforming clothes, then make conforming items invisible for render - that might help get the fuller skirt look.

edited December 1969

I was totally gutted that the big circle skirts didn't work. It is by far one of my favorite romantic looks. I tried everything I could think of, including but not limited to making a solid skirt to go under it for draping. The problem was it sort of nurfed the dynamics of it and pulling it out at the end tended to just end up in intersections again.

It is a possibility that a medium full skirt that uses gathering along the waist to give it fullness might work. But sadly I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    I was totally gutted that the big circle skirts didn't work. It is by far one of my favorite romantic looks. I tried everything I could think of, including but not limited to making a solid skirt to go under it for draping. The problem was it sort of nurfed the dynamics of it and pulling it out at the end tended to just end up in intersections again.

It is a possibility that a medium full skirt that uses gathering along the waist to give it fullness might work. But sadly I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

What about using a half circle? Does that have the same issues?
    edited December 1969

A half circle might work. But it would depend on how much fabric there was at the bottom. Enough fabric to give you those big loose drapes also means enough to self intersect.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    A half circle might work. But it would depend on how much fabric there was at the bottom. Enough fabric to give you those big loose drapes also means enough to self intersect.

The half circle drapes wouldn't be as large as there would be half the fabric. It should still give quite a good drape though if it works.

Full circle is basically a half circle and two quarter circles when you make them in real life. It was one of my favourite skirts to make when I made all my own clothes. Three seams, a zip and a waistband. No pattern required.

It might work...only trying would tell.

edited December 1969

The diameter at the bottom of the skirt and how much fabric is there is the issue. Even a half circle still has room to "meet" when it folds and those meetings don't seem to clear up very well. It might be more feasible with the smaller hem diameter but only actually creating it and running tests would prove or disprove the theory.

edited January 2013

Khory said:
    The diameter at the bottom of the skirt and how much fabric is there is the issue. Even a half circle still has room to "meet" when it folds and those meetings don't seem to clear up very well. It might be more feasible with the smaller hem diameter but only actually creating it and running tests would prove or disprove the theory.
    True...the length of the skirt would also factor in to how big the hem diameter is.
    Post edited by Pendraia on