Trying to use older DS content in DS4

garadirgaradir Posts: 60

Simple question ... what should the folder path be for old DS3 content libraries? I'm assuming it can't just be dropped in to the DS4 content and have avoided doing so to make sure I don't mess up DS4.

Basically I'm trying to import and use some old DS3 content in DS4 now I have it running smoothly ... but ... I happened!  (yep that's not a typo lol).

Ages back when I 1st started using DS4 instead of DS3 I tinkered with the old content trying to tidy things up, remove duplicates etc from when I used both DS3 32 and 64 bit versions because of the dynamic clothing functions etc ... and as a result I messed it up.

So I now have a folder in Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio 3 containing the legacy content but none of it will load.  I'm pretty sure this is the folder structure though the log has shown a memory access violation error on a couple of items. I have tried renaming the parent folder inside of the 'Studio 3' folder as My DAZ3d Library, My Library and as Content but still can't get any of it to load.  I've also tried mapping up one level using the Studio 3 folder as the parent instead. Most of it doesn't matter as most was duplicated in Poser and I use those but there's just a few models I now want to use that were DS only and can't find the set up files for so can't re-install. 

Post edited by garadir on

Comments

• The actual location doesn't matter as long as the relative paths are correct, so adding to your DS4 content would be fine (as long as no newer files were overwritten).

• garadirgaradir Posts: 60

Oh.  Looks like i've killed them then, let that be a lesson to me :S Any way, thanks for answering so quick :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited January 2017
    garadir said:
    but there's just a few models I now want to use that were DS only and can't find the set up files for so can't re-install.

Don't forget, if there's anything you absolutely can't fix, and can't re-install, you can download the installers from your Product Library page.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on