DIM Download Failed?

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Am I the only one that has been getting this all the time lately? I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned. I know there isn't anything wrong with my connection. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,988

That depends, really... what product are you trying to download? Is it always the same, or always different products giving the error message?

I've had some products that would always gfive error messages; ultimately, I reported them to CS, so they were able to fix it.

In other occasions, DIM needed Admin permission (trying to install some part of the product in the program's folder).

Have you checked the log? What error message you get?

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I didn't know there was a log in DIM. What I get is a product or a product update will down load to 99%, pause then 100% and then it reads Download Failed.

• Looking at the log is a good way to figure out what might be happening with your download.  It will list if there was a specific error while downloading or if it was an install problem.

Have you tried manually downloading and then letting DIM install?  Every once in awhile, DIM seems to have hiccups with some files.  When this happens to me, I download the file from my product library page and put it in the Downloads folder for DIM.  The default place for this is C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads.

Put the manually download file there and see if DIM can see it and will install.  If it is still having issues and won't actually install, you may need to open a ticket with Customer Service that you are having issues with whichever file is causing problems so that they can look into the problem and get you squared away.

• Hi everyone. I had to re-installed my Windows 10 and I can't exe DIM. Just shows up an empty dialogue bos like in the attachment. Please help me, I use Daz professionaly.

Thanks

• I forgot, the atachment is here.

DIM.jpg
    810 x 500 - 96K