MIGHTY DEEP STUPID THREAD VI

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,844
    edited December 1969

It's stupid that my keyboard got wet and is now unusable. Good thing Windows 8 has an onscreen keyboard.

spilt your coffee?
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

It's stupid that my keyboard got wet and is now unusable. Good thing Windows 8 has an onscreen keyboard.

spilt your coffee?

Maybe something on the Internet surprised him, and he spat his coffee instead. - It happens :-P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I bet his any key got stuck and he hosed his Keyboard down with WD40...

any_key.jpg
    288 x 288 - 21K
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited January 2013

Hah, you guys are so funny. Lol.

But no, it's a bloody roof leak I've been bitching to my land lady about for months now. Every time it rains more than a few hours water starts dripping in.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

An any key? I like that :-P

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,018
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:

An any key? I like that :-P
    Yeah, that's the key you press to continue.

press-any-key-to-continue.png
    669 x 338 - 10K
    edited December 1969

LMAO... That does have a call for Any key lol...

At first when it askes "WARNING ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE T: WILL BE LOST! Procede with format Y/N?" - I was thinking hmmm any key would be interesting to press there HAHA

edited December 1969

On behalf of Geeks everywhere, I would like thank Notre Dame football player Manti Te'o; because of him it is OK for us all to have imaginary girlfriends.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

At first when it askes "WARNING ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE T: WILL BE LOST! Procede with format Y/N?" - I was thinking hmmm any key would be interesting to press there HAHA

LOL! I spy with my little eye a user that does not go as far back as Tjohn and I. Press Any Key was in loads of Basic and Batch files back in the day. Heck even full blown Prg's had it in the code sometimes.
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

LOL! I spy with my little eye a user that does not go as far back as Tjohn and I. Press Any Key was in loads of Basic and Batch files back in the day. Heck even full blown Prg's had it in the code sometimes.

Hey now I still write basic and batch files.. when not using powershell..

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

How could we ever have worked, back in the day, without an ANY key :roll:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I do not have an any key on my keyboard. Bummer

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I do not have an any key on my keyboard. BummerHere ya go I haz a few extra....

Press_any_key.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 161K
    edited December 1969

hehe! Would be cool to have a key board with an "any" key.

I'm one of those computer users that rarely see the command window. Although, having said that, I did see one about an hour ago... I had to force shut down my computer ... It froze :( then it checked my drives for something that I know nothing about lol... After that, I decided it was time to install the system updates... and Nvidia since the freeze was related to the graphics, while I was dabbling in Garibaldi. Turns out my Nvidia was out of date, and I dont recall ever updating it... mind you all my system updates were auto until I got sick of it... No idea if Nvidia is auto with auto system updates.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited January 2013

Computers were rather abstract back then. You often got messages like 'Insert disk' too. People were smarter back then I guess.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
    edited December 1969

Computers were rather abstract back then. You often got messages like 'Insert disk' too. People were smarter back then I guess.

*snicker* insert boot disk was common, because folks left floppy disks in the drive all the time..

edited December 1969
    wb13disk.jpg
    355 x 180 - 14K
    car1207339.jpg
    800 x 600 - 237K
    edited December 1969

Some computers would get a boot inserted too! LOL

I remember those floppy disks that held very little information... also had a tendency to corrupt (Or at least, i was given old ones the family didn't need anymore) and then small 125mb usb flash drives came out. (They were unreliable after like 12 months) I kept one of my first ones until recently. Kept it alive with re-formatting. Now flash drives hold more than DVD's!

edited January 2013

Even more of a blast from the past. I started my working life using one of these.

NCR_image_2.jpg
    540 x 404 - 77K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2013

tjohn said:
    Holy Crap! Not seen those in years and the Ani Was cool in it's day. Did you ever catch any of those Flip the Frog ones that were running around back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhYmCNDbXy0
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Even more of a blast from the past. I started my working life using one of these.

OK I'm mystified. What is that?
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Holy mackeral, I haven't seen one of those in a long time.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Holy Crap! Not seen those in years and the Ani Was cool in it's day. Did you ever catch any of those Flip the Frog ones that were running around back then.
    Oh yeah. And his girlfriend Clarisse the Cat? Yep. :)
    cu_amiga_jan1994.jpg
    904 x 1176 - 416K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Eck!!
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    chohole said:

OK I'm mystified. What is that?

It's a National Ledger Posting Machine. I did bought and sold ledger of Forward contracts for the Foreign Currency dealing room in a major Bank in the City (London)

edited January 2013

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Oh yeah. And his girlfriend Clarisse the Cat? Yep. :)ARG!! Your search foo is mighty my friend, I bow to the master.

P.S. I had both those disks. And DPaint.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Wow, that is old

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    chohole said:

Wow, that is old
    Uh-oh. I anticipate a fuzzy head-bonking with Cho's club. (closes eyes)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Oh yeah. And his girlfriend Clarisse the Cat? Yep. :)ARG!! Your search foo is mighty my friend, I bow to the master.

P.S. I had both those disks. And DPaint.
    Me too. BTW, the creator of the juggler ani on the Amiga was Eric Wenger. I'll bet Cho remembers that name. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Wenger

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

...I actually had an "Any" key on my old 286. It had a couple programmable function keys which had a clear overlay you could slip a paper key label into.
This discussion has been closed.