Body Of Light [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks, Marshian! I had ants in my pants and went ahead and figured it out, probably backwards. Check out the progress on my art thread. I'm having a few issues but also getting some really neat  results. These lights are a lot of fun and there are so many possibilities!

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited January 2017

You got it! Great. I guess you could call your direction backwards, its actually pretty close to mine, but it could be ANYwards as long as it works. So good to see your problem solving and the progress- fine tuning until you got it.

Here are a couple more promos that didn't make the store. One has wings and my solution was just to align the arms so they casted light onto them. The second one is a good example of how far the light travels away from the figure- to encompass what the figure is wearing, hair, and to some degree (you can imagine) wings would catch light too.

Body Of Light Marshian DAZ3D 3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Body Of Light Marshian DAZ3D 4.png
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Marshian on
    edited January 2017

Thanks! Those give me some more ideas (watch out!) Once I get this fairy rendered (it's taking forever on my poor little card), I've got some other crazy things to try out.  Can't wait, very excited about this set!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited January 2017

Here, I tried your body of light rim light setting. It turned out pretty well I think.

final.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on

I was looking forward to your render. Very nice- especially the left side of the torso and shoulder. It looks like he survived some disaster without a scratch. The eyes and medallion help tie in the lights.

• Nice lights there, the fruit of much work I'm sure. I was toying around with a similar idea, but you pulled this off nicely. 

-P

Thank youuuuu! The initial R&D was hit and miss. Once I got it, and realized how much work it would be, I just rolled along without a snag...making more discoveries along the way. It really came together pretty well. 

edited March 2017

I finally got this the way I wanted it. Originally I was using GKDantas's Frozen Shaders with BOL, but the fractured ice chopped up the lights too much. So I combined it with Iggy's gem shaders instead, plus Fabiana's AlterGlow and the UltraGenesis glass floor. I love the subtle effect of BOL in this render on the angel and the heart, which was a happy accident- that's BOL + AlterGlow in there. (Click for bigger pic- the detail with the light against the shaders is really neat.)

Lifted

May love lighten your burdens
    And wash the dust from your weary soul.

This is so good to wake up to. The heart is a nice focal point. Really has such a nice glow to it. 

• Llynara said:

I finally got this the way I wanted it. Originally I was using GKDantas's Frozen Shaders with BOL, but the fractured ice chopped up the lights too much. So I combined it with Iggy's gem shaders instead, plus Fabiana's AlterGlow and the UltraGenesis glass floor. I love the subtle effect of BOL in this render on the angel and the heart, which was a happy accident- that's BOL + AlterGlow in there. (Click for bigger pic- the detail with the light against the shaders is really neat.)

Lifted

May love lighten your burdens
    And wash the dust from your weary soul.

Very well done.  :)

Thanks, Marshian and Digital Lite Design.

Marshian- I love your products. They are so innovative and different. I just wish I had more time to play with them all! I will keep tinkering though :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I am thinking this might be helpful for me, but will this work at all in 3Delight?  or is it iRay only?

edited March 2017

I haven't tried it in 3Delight, the product page does say it's optimized for Iray. Marshian has some really cool lighting products for 3Delight too though. I love his Rim Light Rig. I wish that one was for Iray! There's a lot of neat things you can do with it. I used it in this image below for one of my Supers. The effect is similar to the rim lights in Body of Light. 

edited March 2017

Here you go: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2000046/#Comment_2000046

I am thinking this might be helpful for me, but will this work at all in 3Delight?  or is it iRay only?

Marshian said:

Here you go: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2000046/#Comment_2000046

Thanks.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Hey, Marshian -

I just picked up this set and have a question.  Is there any way to remove the lines and instead have soft light all over the figure?  

edited August 2018

The lines are from the light geomtery. There are presets that have no geometry assigned, I think they are labeled spot. Otherwise you can right click on one of the lights in the scene tab, select all lights, and change the light geometry to point. This will increase the intensity a bit so you'll most likely want to turn them all down. Let me know how this goes, I can look up the specific presets that are soft when I'm not rendering later today. Hope this helps

Edit/Add: The preset BOL Spectrum Orbs is set to point light and creates softer light.

dracorn said:

Hey, Marshian -

I just picked up this set and have a question.  Is there any way to remove the lines and instead have soft light all over the figure?  

What? I never got it!  Now that it is on sale, I do not have enough on my paypal account.

i posted to ask will this work with G8F or G8M?  

It will work on G8 M&F, the lights still parent to correct body parts, however the lights for the arms do not line up and neither do the shins but to a much much lesser degree. The upper legs are a pretty good fit. The arms still recieve light as the lights load about where wings would be.

bol on G8.png
    686 x 444 - 298K
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited August 2018
    Marshian said:

The lines are from the light geomtery. There are presets that have no geometry assigned, I think they are labeled spot. Otherwise you can right click on one of the lights in the scene tab, select all lights, and change the light geometry to point. This will increase the intensity a bit so you'll most likely want to turn them all down. Let me know how this goes, I can look up the specific presets that are soft when I'm not rendering later today. Hope this helps

Edit/Add: The preset BOL Spectrum Orbs is set to point light and creates softer light.

dracorn said:

Hey, Marshian -

Ah, thanks!  I played around with it and achieved the glowing chest look that I wanted, thanks.  I had to slip one of them underneath where the straps cross to get rid of those shadows.  With a little more experimentation, I will have the "magic glowing from the chest" thang going.  

Marshian said:

It will work on G8 M&F, the lights still parent to correct body parts, however the lights for the arms do not line up and neither do the shins but to a much much lesser degree. The upper legs are a pretty good fit. The arms still recieve light as the lights load about where wings would be.

Looks like a little tedius repositioning and then saving as a preset for G8, but that's OK. 

02 Fix lights soft - Point.jpg
    877 x 877 - 252K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

Just picked this product up in the sales. Will try it out soon as I have a render slot available.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Don't see a thread for your new product. The atmosphere planes. 

Very much like the look of them, but they're Iray. First: will they render at all in 3DL, or will the render just stall out on them. Some things optimized for Iray can be used in 3DL. It seemed worth asking.

Second: can they be converted to 3DL, or will that just defeat the purpose? That seemed worth asking as well.

It looks like a beautiful product. But I'd rather not purchase and then have to return it.

I just got it because it was a PC item for the day.  How does it work with G8F/M?  I am not sure if that got answered in this thread or not.

• The lights will load parented to the appropriate body parts, but on G3 default pose, so the legs and arms will be misaligned. As the product has a lot of lights, selecting them one by one and moving them to the proper position will be a hellish task; my suggested workaround would be to load an invisible G3 figure with the same pose as the G8 you want the effect o and morph them similarly. Not ideal, but it beats the alternative.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Uthgard said:

The lights will load parented to the appropriate body parts, but on G3 default pose, so the legs and arms will be misaligned. As the product has a lot of lights, selecting them one by one and moving them to the proper position will be a hellish task; my suggested workaround would be to load an invisible G3 figure with the same pose as the G8 you want the effect o and morph them similarly. Not ideal, but it beats the alternative.

Or just put the G8 into the Tpose to begin with...

• Maybe I am missing something, but if I want G8 in any pose other than T, then I need the lights parented on the correct position, and loading the preset on G8 with the T pose will just make the lights move accordingly (that is, as if G3 had their arms posed upwards). If what you meant was to load the preset, put G8 in the T pose and then parent the lights... there are a lot of light and they aren't in easy to use parented groups--we are talking about moving more than a hundred lights per preset and manually parenting them to the proper bone. I think using G3 as a proxy is far easier on my sanity.

Screenshot included for clarity.

BOL.PNG
    658 x 527 - 144K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Uthgard said:

Maybe I am missing something, but if I want G8 in any pose other than T, then I need the lights parented on the correct position, and loading the preset on G8 with the T pose will just make the lights move accordingly (that is, as if G3 had their arms posed upwards). If what you meant was to load the preset, put G8 in the T pose and then parent the lights... there are a lot of light and they aren't in easy to use parented groups--we are talking about moving more than a hundred lights per preset and manually parenting them to the proper bone. I think using G3 as a proxy is far easier on my sanity.

Screenshot included for clarity.

I didn't realize they wouldn't parent in a group.  So your way most definitely makes more sense!

I have an odd issue.  My G3F character has no legs as she is a mermaid.  Is it still possible to use body of light on a mermaid?  Or should I rethink the render?