Installer does not show "content path"

I recently purchased Julie and Justin. When I try to install Julie CF (Poser companion file)
the installer does not show a content path. I also installed a un-installer. After the install,
I thought I might have made a mistake so I tried to uninstall it and was told that the system
could not find the uninstall.exe or whatever it is called. I have installed other Poser CF files
with no trouble and the installer always shows a "content path" I did try the custom install
with the same result. I installed the other Julie file whidh installed correctly into Studio.
There is no way to add a "content path" that I can find.
Not sure what is going on.
Bill

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry why can't you copy and paste, type or Browse to the correct path. I find using the custom install option best, see images below

installer2.jpg
    674 x 400 - 174K
    installer.jpg
    666 x 397 - 136K
  • Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited December 1969

The Poser installer is broken on both PC and Mac versions. A few of us have had the same problem:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13842/

As far as I can tell there is no way to set the path for the installer as it skips that part. The Uninstaller is placed in the same directory as the installer itself and the files don't seem to be uncompressed anywhere. Unfortunately, I doubt that there is anyone in the Daz offices right now to fix the problem until after the holidays.

• edited December 1969

Sark: I do not get the second picture that you are showing.
    After I pick custom install, I get this:

FirstPage.jpg
    665 x 389 - 36K
  • edited December 1969

Then, I get this and then it starts to install and cannot be found after that.

secondpage.jpg
    670 x 391 - 43K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

This could be what Dim Reaper is refering to as broken. This requires a Bug report to be made https://bugs.daz3d.com/ or a Support ticket to be filled out via the Help link at the top of the page directed to the tech department.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Some of the bitrock installer had a bug that if you don't have your OS's font size set to default size the folder browse icon won't appear.