i13 Yoga Studio Bundle Help

Hi all,

I have just purchased i13 Yoga Studio Bundle and there is a strange thing happening to the environment map outside the setting. This is happening for me but it is also on his examples, which I did not notice of course. The windows appear to be skewing the image towards the bottom. I tried changing the glass with a different iray glass shader. Any ideas anyone? Or how do i get in touch with i13 the vendor to ask?? Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 06.47.51.png
1378 x 1436 - 2M
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 06.49.34.png
982 x 1002 - 974K
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 06.49.29.png
1324 x 1122 - 2M

Comments

• I don't have that set but it looks like there might be some intentional blur on the background.  Is that from an HDR?  If it is and you don't like it, you might try changing the HDR for another image.  Under Render Settings, click on Environment.  Click on the picture titled Environment Map to open a browser to search for another HDR image.  A google search will turn up a lot of free HDR images that can be used.  There are some good links for free HDRs in the Freebies Forum, too.

If the background is from a skydome, unlikely since it looks to be Iray only and there aren't that many skydomes for Iray yet, then changing the skydome to something else would work.  If you think it's a genuine bug, then your best bet is to open a ticket with the Help desk.

• OminousAutumnOminousAutumn Posts: 388
    edited January 2017

I don't have that set but it looks like there might be some intentional blur on the background.  Is that from an HDR?  If it is and you don't like it, you might try changing the HDR for another image.  Under Render Settings, click on Environment.  Click on the picture titled Environment Map to open a browser to search for another HDR image.  A google search will turn up a lot of free HDR images that can be used.  There are some good links for free HDRs in the Freebies Forum, too.

If the background is from a skydome, unlikely since it looks to be Iray only and there aren't that many skydomes for Iray yet, then changing the skydome to something else would work.  If you think it's a genuine bug, then your best bet is to open a ticket with the Help desk.

Thank you. The two pics on the right are from the product page so myself and the creator are using two different background images. Meaning the background/HDR image itself cannot be the issue. I tried multiple images of multiple types and results only get stranger....Are there anyways of creating that effect with the parameters?

Post edited by OminousAutumn on
  • OminousAutumnOminousAutumn Posts: 388
    edited January 2017
    Vanishot said:

I don't have that set but it looks like there might be some intentional blur on the background.  Is that from an HDR?  If it is and you don't like it, you might try changing the HDR for another image.  Under Render Settings, click on Environment.  Click on the picture titled Environment Map to open a browser to search for another HDR image.  A google search will turn up a lot of free HDR images that can be used.  There are some good links for free HDRs in the Freebies Forum, too.

When I attach an .hdr to the environment map page this is all i get. I could have sworn in the past i would use that and get a background image to appear in the render without using the envrironments tab to place a background. no idea what is going on...I am using draw dome ON, visualize finite dome OFF, finite sphere with ground, dome and scene. These are the settings i normally use ( i thought) to get a background....

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 19.49.13.png
    1106 x 1138 - 949K
    Post edited by OminousAutumn on
  • Ah, since I don't have that set, I couldn't tell you.  Hopefully, someone with the set will pipe up.

• I've posed the question with your picture of the problem over on Novica's thread in the Art Studio to see if someone there has seen this problem and might have a solution.  If you aren't familiar with her thread, she and a lot of others review products and help each other out when it comes to figuring out problems when someone has them.  You can find it here.  Now, we just have to wait and see if any of her followers have the set and can duplicate the problem or have a solution for you.

• I've posed the question with your picture of the problem over on Novica's thread in the Art Studio to see if someone there has seen this problem and might have a solution.  If you aren't familiar with her thread, she and a lot of others review products and help each other out when it comes to figuring out problems when someone has them.  You can find it here.  Now, we just have to wait and see if any of her followers have the set and can duplicate the problem or have a solution for you.

Very kind of you, much appreciated!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Novica here. I don't have that set unfortunately. Have you tested the other option- Infinite Sphere with Ground, to see what happens?  

• Novica said:

Novica here. I don't have that set unfortunately. Have you tested the other option- Infinite Sphere with Ground, to see what happens?  

Hi Novica, I tried all the combinations I could see (perhaps I missed one) and no joy. Thank you for getting back :)