New User Who is Struggling

mgreen_tk421mgreen_tk421 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi All,

I've been having some trouble loading M4, V4, and the david Base in Daz. I have all of the poses and body textures, however I cannot locate the actual body model. I see in the genesis figures they have a folder for characters to load a model. This is not present in any of my downloaded character folders.

Nothing I do seems to work, am I missing a piece of the downloads? I installed everything that I got from Daz and they don't seem to show up.

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

DS4.5 I take it?

Ok first step...are you looking in the Content Library Pane (not Smart Content) under Poser Formats > My Library (if you did a defualt installation) > Figures > Daz People.

If not report back and on with step two. :)

Post edited by Szark on
  • mgreen_tk421mgreen_tk421 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, I am using 4.5

Okay, I did find the M4 figure there, but not the V4. Another issue, whenever I try to load clothing I have purchased (Cowboy for M4) it will not load onto the character. Still no luck finding the models for V4 and David too...kinda overwhelmed.

thanks

edited December 1969

overwhelmed - don't be. This is not uncommon.

Ok this time we need to check where V4 and David got installed to. Go to the place you installed these to on your hard drive and see if you have a new folder called Content if so merge everything in that folder to your main content folder (My Library being the default). Next check to make sure you haven't got a Runtime inside a Runtime. Meaning make sure that you haven't got a folder called Runtime inside the folder called Runtime.

See how that goes and on we go if not fixed.

These aren't arbitrary guesses btw it is just hard to define each persons problems with content.

edited December 1969

Loading Clothing...A common mistake is trying to load a material preset instead of the geometery, the clothing mesh itself. The mesh is found under Poser Formats > Figures > M4Cowboy.

edited December 1969

Ah Progress :)

I see now both figures in my content tab named Micael 4.dsb and victoria 4.2.dsb

However an error pops up when I try to load it...i've loaded it to this message. It says it is intended to be run as a result of loading an ExP enabled "Michael 4" based figure from the content tab.

Tremendous help so far thank you!

error_screen.png
    419 x 136 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Good but a DSB is not a figure format, probably Daz Studio Materials..Cr2 are what you are looking for and there should be under Poser Formats > Figures > Daz People.

CR2figures.jpg
    442 x 933 - 150K
    edited December 1969

okay, I have both figures loaded. Now on to the fun stuff.

Clothing still does not load onto the figure. I click it and it doesn't seem to do anything at all. I can see the smart content image but it does nothing. Further, if I do not have the figure selected in my scene, it says I should. then I select the figure and nothing happens again.

Thanks for your patience!

edited December 1969

For the time being keep working from the Content Library not Smart Content...way because some items are just not set up correctly for Smart Content. How it supposed to work is if you select a figure then everything for that figure, whether it's clothing, skin maps, hair etc should show up..should. If you select hair all the material presets (different colours) should show and the same for clothing...BUT not all older content have Metadata included which is needed for Smart Content to work.

Working from the Content Library you have no limitations.

And my pleasure to help if I can. :)

cowboymats.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 389K
    cowboy.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 365K
    edited December 1969

I guess I'm confusing smart content with the content library.

I can browse to my M4 cowboy, but it's not under Poser figures; can you send me the proper location to install those files? This has been great to finally see the program actually start playing nice.

thanks again!!

edited December 1969

Ok you are definitely trying to load a texture preset.

M4 Cowboy should be under Poser Formats so if it is not there then A: you didn't install both files or B you have Runtime embedded inside the main Runtime or C it got installed somewhere else.

8648_2_ds_CowboyForM4andHiro_2 this is the Daz Studio material presets
    8648_3_dpc_CowboyForM4andHiro_3 this is the Cr2 and poser material presets
    you need to install both which you might have done. :)

You haven't confirmed whether you did a default installation so it will guess to the correct installation path which is C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My library\Clothing\Runtime\Libraries\Character\M4Cowboy this is where the CR2's are installed.

edited December 1969

yes did a default install.

it went to /Users/ /Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/content

should i just redirect it to the path you are speaking of?

edited December 1969

no need to reinstall. This is what I was takling about in my second post.

Back before DS4/4.5 came out the My Librray folder was called Content so using that logic place everything that is in the content folder in to My Library and delete the empty content folder. Essesntailly moving the contents of the content folder up one level. :)