Blurry renders

KaboomKaboom Posts: 40

Hi.

Got a little problem here with latest Daz studio.
Was playing around with a scene and everything went fine. So I decided to try and test a bit of DOF.
No matter how I did the whole image got blurry. So I turned it off, but the image still got blurry :S
I shut Daz Studio down and restarted, then did a quick render with just the default startup genesis and its still blurry :O
What have I screwed up?

blurry_render.jpg
160 x 181 - 5K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Open your Render Settings tab. Click on Advanced, so you can see all the settings. Did your Pixel Filter get set to something other than Sinc? If so, set it back to Sinc. For good measure, you could click on Restore Default Settings on the bottom of the Render Settings tab. That will only restore render settings, not anything else you have customized. See if that fixes it.

One other thing to check, if you have multiple cameras, are you rendering from the camera that has DOF turned OFF, or is there a chance that you turned it off on a camera other than the one you are rendering from?

Write back and tell us if these suggestions fixed it for you, or whether you need more help.

• KaboomKaboom Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

Thanks a bunch.

Yup, it was the pixel filter that did it. It had gotten changed to gaussian. :S

Thanks again.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Great! You are welcome. I learned that here in the forums myself. Happy to pass the knowledge on.

In at least some versions of DAZ Studio, there is a bug that causes render settings to get changed if you just mouse over them and roll your mouse wheel. Even with out clicking on a setting, it can get changed. So that is probably what happened to you.