How do you apply a shader without removing the assigned maps

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Say I have armor loaded. It has textures. I want to load the metallic shader on it. But it eliminates the textures plugged in when applied. Is there no way to apply the shader and keep the assigned textures?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,876
    edited December 1969

When applying shaders in DS, hold down the Ctrl key and double click the shader preset.

A little window will pop up, the second option is "Map Settings" set it to Ignore and then go to the Preferences tab and select "Set Prefered Options on Accept"

Then click accept.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Cool. Gonna try that now. Thanks

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Worked like a charm:)

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    When applying shaders in DS, hold down the Ctrl key and double click the shader preset.

A little window will pop up, the second option is "Map Settings" set it to Ignore and then go to the Preferences tab and select "Set Prefered Options on Accept"

Then click accept.

That'll sure speed up the process of setting up one of Stonemason's lots using the Visual Style Shaders.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,876
    edited December 1969

Glad I could help! :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Then click accept.

Now this is good info to know. Thank you sir. This little tidbit is getting saved. ;)

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Mattymanx said:

Then click accept.

That'll sure speed up the process of setting up one of Stonemason's lots using the Visual Style Shaders.
    It won't work with Visual Style because that's a mixer shader.

On the old forum I suggested how to save out and edit a VS preset so that it will preserve textures though.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

TZORG said:
    Joequick said:
    Mattymanx said:

Then click accept.

It won't work with Visual Style because that's a mixer shader.

On the old forum I suggested how to save out and edit a VS preset so that it will preserve textures though.

Apparently in DS4.5 it does work.

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited June 2012

I think that if e.g. Joequick wants to convert dzDefault shaders into a VS "equivalent," there isn't a very good way to make this automated [without editing .dsa code], because there are at least two places in VS where the diffuse color+map should be plugged (I use four) and DS couldn't really know that. I guess it can check "diffuse color" (the one that governs what the openGL shows) but that is just the light shading side.

Post edited by TZORG on