After upgrade to 4.9 search doesn not work in content tab

Does anyone have this problem? My content is all there but search doesn't seem to return anything now...

thanks

Comments

• Smart Content, Content Library or both? Which version of DS were you using before? Do you get an alert complaining about a lack of PostgreSQL when you launch DS?

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247

Content Library. I was using 4.8 before. Yes I do get the PostgreSQL error

alert.png
    422 x 177 - 32K
  • The lack of a PostgreSQL means that the default database search won't do anything, you can chnage the type of search to purely file based by clicking the icon to the right of the search box (if it hasn't aleady switched to file the icon will show a lined cylinder). It would probably help to work out why you have no database connection - did you install PostgreSQL? Were you using Valentina in 4.8? What security software are you using?

edited January 2017

I don't know what Valentina is. Was that part of the standard 4.8 install? If so then yes I suppose. I did not install anything I simply let the download install manager update me to 4.9. I don't use security software. Do I need to install PostgreSQL manually? It's an open source database?

Also when I try switching to file and do a search - daz crashes - if I try and migrate old database it crashes and so forth

Post edited by bwise1701 on
  • OK, it sounds as if you do need to isntall PostgreSQL - it should eb in DIM or from the Product Library page for DS

Thanks - I intsalled that and now I don't get the error on start up and my files search seems to work - if I migrate the DB now will it mess up all my categories ? Seems I've seen some chatter about that...

• In which - the old database or the new? The old should be untouched, the default categories in the new should be untouched (they can be hidden but not removed), but I'm not sure about any categories you have added yourself - presumably, though, you haven't as you have only just installed PostgreSQL.