Saving imported props -- SOLVED

Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
edited December 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've created a lot of different props and scenery files over the years, and I'd like to start adding them into Daz Studio to work with them. A recent test success was with the Daz 3D Logo I modelled in 3D Studio Max (An example of which can be found here). I'd love to get back into designing more models again, and using my own designs in scenes but as I've discovered with my little Daz 3D prop, I can't seem to find a way to save it as anything other than a scene.

Having scoured the internet to little or no avail, I'd love to hear from people who've actually done this before. A few answers in advance for obvious questions people might ask.

1) The model imported was an OBJ file modelled in 3D Studio Max 9.
2) I have set individual material zones using the in-built selection tools (though, for some reason I still have the 'default' material listed and can't find a way to remove it).
3) I know I can save it as a scene and 'import' the scene through content library, but I want to save it so that Daz recognizes it as a prop rather than a scene.

Thanks in advance guys.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

You can save as "Scene Subset". It will be treated as a prop, you can load by dble clik

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Actually, that saved it as a set but following your example I was able to find what I really needed. Under support assets -> Figure/Prop you can save it with useful information like author name and also categorize it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D

Menu_Option.jpg
    606 x 653 - 310K
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

I was just about to point you to that...lol

As for the 'default' surface in the Polygon Group Editor... just Right-Click on 'default' and select remove... just make sure the face count is zero...

nicci... :)

edited December 1969

I don't have a 'remove' option, the only option I get is to hide it.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

In the Polygon Group Editor select the 'Default' surface and then Right-Click to see the option to remove... pic below

If your not seeing this, then I'm a little stumped...

nicci... :)

PGE.jpg
    455 x 334 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Ahh, see I didn't know about the tool settings pane! I was trying to do it via the Surfaces tab! Thanks for clearing that up.