Can't find Ulrich & Callum after install ...

I purchased the two character sets because I really like the Horatio, Thomas and Stefan sets I previously bought.

I installed them as usual, but can't find them anywhere ... neither in Smart Content nor in the Content Library.

Any idea what I might have done incorrectly ?

Regards,
AC

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Callum is under Poser Formats > Whatever you named your content folder > Pose > Callum in the Content Library Pane. Not too sure if these sets have Metadata now so if they don't they will not show up in Smart Content.

Plus they are old intsallers so there is a chance they added another folder called Content in the place you installed the content to and may reside in a level down.

• acocq_0801c2dc51acocq_0801c2dc51 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

I did find the files under H:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\textures\Phoenix1966\Ulrich (and \Callum respectively). So they were installed on my drive.

How do I go about actually using them in DS ? Do I really have to go into each of the texture areas (1_Lip, 1_SkinFace etc.) and manually assign each texture to the diffuse channel (and possbily others such as specular) ?

Cheers,
    Andreas

edited December 2012

Load your figure of choice, Genesis or M4, select the figure and double click on the texture preset as shown in the image below. If using Genesis after loading the texture preset go to the Surfaces Pane with genesis selected and find the Uvmapping channel and select M4 from the drop down list. The look for the open padlock in the uvmapping channel and click on it. That will lock the setting in place so it doesn't slip off. Forget this if using M4

Oh and see the little yellow icon on the Presets, that donates Daz Studio formatted texture settings.

callum.jpg
    454 x 991 - 151K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Thank you again for answering my call for help !

Unfortunately, I do NOT see the textures inside the DAZ Studio content library ... I found them on my harddrive using the windows explorer.
    For some reason, the installation of the two products did not result in any "content" as far as DS is concerned.

I uninstalled and re-installed, but no luck.

I did find in the ..\runtime\support directory a file called DAZ_3D_12964_Ulrich.dsx, which I executed and it called up DS and properly installed Ulrich in the DS library. But I can't find such a file for Callum and after I run the install and then start DS, DAZ Studio does not report any new content (as it usually does).

I checked that the Content Management Service (CMS) is running (which it is) ... but I honestly think that the CMS does not "kick in" the way it is supposed to ... very weird.

Regards,
    Andreas

edited December 1969

First off I am not sure if these older content have Metadata so they might not work in Smart Content Pane so CMs won't effect these at all. You are looking in the Content Library Pane, under Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > Callum as my image shows.

besides Callum is one installers so if you have the charcater injection morphs you should have the textures presets installed or are you saying you can't find Callum at all?

the installation path should be for your setup H:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\pose\Callum

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 2012

You just need to pay attention to where the installer says it's going to put it versus where you want it to go (if different).
    I just used my standard default install and have no problem.
    Also, this being an older installer, it still has a functional readme file. You can check the file list sections to see where the files are

callum1.jpg
    468 x 600 - 23K
    Post edited by Medzin on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Szark, Thanks Medzin,

I followed your input and found it ... never suspected it under "pose" ...

Weird though, that when I searched the content library for "Callum", it does not find anything ..

Oh well, I suppose it's one of the "special DS features" ;-)

Thanks again !

Cheers,
    Andreas
    (And a Happy New Year)

edited December 1969

No problem glad you got it sorted.

Oh btw I meantioned that Callum was under Poser Formats at the start of the first post. ;)

Szark said:
    Callum is under Poser Formats > Whatever you named your content folder > Pose > Callum in the Content Library Pane.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

Oh btw I meantioned that Callum was under Poser Formats at the start of the first post. ;)

Szark said:
    Callum is under Poser Formats > Whatever you named your content folder > Pose > Callum in the Content Library Pane.

Yup ... you sure did ... and I always try to teach my kids that it is important to read ALL the words, just to make sure they understand the content ;-P

Cheers,
    Andreas

edited December 1969

LOL On the naughty step for you then. :)