V4 & M4 Morphs with V5 & M5

shulrabshulrab Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am using DS4.5 and have purchased the V5 & M5 characters. While buying other items I also bought the V4 and M5 morphs. I get the "dependency error, file not found" problem when I try to install the morphs. Maybe it is looking for the V4 and M4 characters? I have not heard back from DAZ tech support so I am hoping someone can tell me if the V4 & M4 morphs are compatible with V5 and M5. Thanks.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

shulrab said:
    I am using DS4.5 and have purchased the V5 & M5 characters. While buying other items I also bought the V4 and M5 morphs. I get the "dependency error, file not found" problem when I try to install the morphs. Maybe it is looking for the V4 and M4 characters? I have not heard back from DAZ tech support so I am hoping someone can tell me if the V4 & M4 morphs are compatible with V5 and M5. Thanks.

By themselves, they are not.

They are for the previous generation of base figures.

There is a way to convert them, but that requires additional purchases. You are probably better off returning the V4/M4 versions

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 2012

If you bought the v4 and m4 morphs++ packages, yes they require the original v4 and m4 characters.
    If you mean the v4 and m4 shapes for genesis, no they don't.

Edit : the genesis equivalent for the morphs++ are the evolution morphs.

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on
  • shulrabshulrab Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the quick replies.

• shulrabshulrab Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

By the way, I can return downloads?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to submit a ticket to Support (Sales), by using the Help > Contact Us link at the top of the page.

DAZ 3D have a 30 day returns policy, and they are usually very good about it.