How do I install the new Young Teen’s into Poser 12 Pro?

wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in New Users

There are files like “Jesse for Genesis – Poser companion- PC” and “Jesse for Genesis – DSON”
I tried to install the dpc file first started Poser 12 Pro, tried to open the figure and nothing appeared, than doing with both files (dpc) and (trx) without result! There is no figure or mesh in Poser visible

thanks in advance

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Is Genesis installed? The teens are new shapes for Genesis, not standalone figures.

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

so I need Genesis to install the figures into Poser? bur why is there a poser (dpc) installer ?

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

You also need to have the DSON importer installed and be at least at SR 3 for PP2012 (preferably SR3.1)

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Well, my Poser installation is up to date with SR3.1!

I thought there is a Poser installer and it works like every time to install the figures. Now I feel I made a big mistake when I buy the new Teen’s 5, I never expected that it is going so complicated to install the figures. :ohh:

But now, how do I proceed? There is no explanation from DAZ how to install the new figures.
    -So did I understand it right, that I have to install the whole Genesis software first? :long:

I always downloaded the Poser installer (YoungTeens5JuliePoserCF_1.0_dpc) and the DSON file (YoungTeens5Julie_1.0_trx)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

If you haven't already, install "DSON Importer For Genesis" then install "Genesis Starter Essentials". Once those are installed then you can install the teens and use them

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 2012

wolfi_2 said:

So did I understand it right, that I have to install the whole Genesis software first? :long:

The Teen 5 set are not standalone figures. Even if you are using Daz Studio, you have to install Genesis to have them work.

It's been covered in many other threads, but Genesis is the basic mesh for all the Generation 5 figures. It is very versatile and can be used to make male, female, creatures, trolls and toon figures. Especially handy is fact that if clothing fits one Genesis it will fit all others for most part.

This is not a new concept. DAZ has started doing similar with Victoria 4. V4 is the base figure. The other additions of Aiko 4, Stephanie 4, and The Girl 4 all required that V4 be installed first since they were only morphs of V4 and not standalone characters.

Post edited by Medzin on