Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited August 2017

Genesis 8 Male

Is it hot in here? OMG, I am in love with G8M!!! heartkissdevil (click and zoom for more hottie-ness)

Notes:

• I used bodybuilder morph at 50% and a little emaciated to make him look slightly less bulky.
    • Stone outfit and Ajax hair autofits fine.
    • He comes with great expressions and poses (not many, but a good start.) I used those here. 
    • Morningstar Wings for G3F and G8F used here. I loaded them into the scene then parented to the chest. I did not autofit them. The morphs work fine.
    • This is G8M default skin. It looks great! 
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Llynara said:

I had a lot of fun with this render challenge to make a magazine cover (click and zoom in for full size)

I saw this on facebook and laughed hysterically!

Glad you liked it! That's actually George's skin and body morphs in the "before" picture. Amazing how well Jepe's sheets drape on all sizes. Thankfully, conquering burns calories! 

edited August 2017

Michael 8

Mmm, mmm. What a looker! There's definitely some Brad Pitt in there. 

Michael-8.jpg
    1500 x 1433 - 177K
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

I'm thinking the face is a young Travolta more than Pitt, to my eyes.  You've done a great render, though. :) 

A hottie either way! wink

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Agreed XD

edited September 2017

Shelia for G3F

Having fun playing with an Anagord character I picked up on sale at Rendo. This one grew on me. Her textures are fantastic and her morphs are very unique. They certainly can be tweaked if the long thin look isn't your thing, but I'm finding I like them. Shelia would probably pair very well with Elijah, Diesel or some of the other very tall characters. (Click for much larger pic.)

Made with: 
    Shelia for G3F (Rendo)
    G3 Supersuit (DAZ)
    Bad Girls Textures for G3 Supersuit (DAZ)
    Over the Underpass (DAZ)
    Streaming Hair (DAZ)
    Eye Clock (DAZ)
    Sveva Sci Fi Lights (Rendo)

Shelia2.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 325K
  • She looks terrific.  No one will toy with that kick ass character!  

• Llynara said:

Shelia for G3F

Having fun playing with an Anagord character I picked up on sale at Rendo. This one grew on me. Her textures are fantastic and her morphs are very unique. They certainly can be tweaked if the long thin look isn't your thing, but I'm finding I like them. Shelia would probably pair very well with Elijah, Diesel or some of the other very tall characters. (Click for much larger pic.)

Hi,

I'm primarily just read my favorite art forum threads and do little in the way of interacting but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your book covers and general renders. I too recently picked up some of Anagord's G8 characters from Rendo because of your renders.

Trish

• I think M8 looks more like Travolta myself.  You did a good job with him.  Sheila looks great.  Dark and mysterious and a kick butt attitude.   :)

Awww, you all are so sweet! Thanks, so glad you enjoy these. I really need to kick myself in the rear and visit other art studio threads and see what you all are up to. Sometimes I swoop in for the sale thread and post stuff real quick. Kids are finally back in school so there's more time, but I'm trying to get my third book ready for the editor by the end of the month. Always something, right? 

I really like that Bad Girls texture for the G3 Super Suit. I want a real life one! (I'll like Shelia's figure too!) 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Have to agree with you, it's Pitt with those raised wings of the nostrils.

Love the magazine cover.

This link is wrong for your Instagram- check the post..  

Great renders, loved looking through them!!!

• She looks great, Llynara!  I don't have her, but it'd be amusing to see her next to Ren, since he's one of my short ones right next to Khai.

edited September 2017

Ooh, it's a deal, Darwin, and how did you manage to get TWO characters past us thread groupies? Sneaky guy! Love your new peeps!

@Novica Thanks, I'll check that link. Who knows what was going on when I posted it. Probably got interrupted by someone short (and it wasn't Ren! HA).

EDIT: Come to think of it, I have Kai but haven't rendered him. Maybe I'll add him to the scene. They could both be getting ready to rumble against some uninvited guests.

• I'm with Knittingmomma, I see more Travolta than Pitt in that render. It is in his eyebrows and eyes... 

edited September 2017

Clarke for G3F and G8F

Here's a quickie of Darwin's latest gal, Clarke. She makes a great warrior woman. 

@donovancolbert Travolta + Pitt = a very fine M8! 

G8-Clarke.jpg
    1682 x 1976 - 463K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Excelent, especally for a "quickie" render.  Kudos to Darwin as well.

Llynara said:

Clarke for G3F and G8F

Here's a quickie of Darwin's latest gal, Clarke. She makes a great warrior woman. 

• I think he could go either way.  I can see a resemblance to both, depending on the lighting and the angle of the camera.

The last couple of renders look great!

• Diomede said:

Excelent, especally for a "quickie" render.  Kudos to Darwin as well.

Llynara said:

Clarke for G3F and G8F

Llynara did a great job with that render, agreed.  Thank you both!

edited September 2017

Glad  you like laugh

Jackson for G3M and G8M

I would like to call this a quick test render, but had to let it go overnight. The background was a real hog and dropped my render into CPU mode. Might do them as separate layers next time as it came out grainy anyhow. But Jackson is looking good! Going to try him in some different scenarios with different options- makeups, tats, etc. Here's the first try. 

G3M-Jackson.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 560K
  • I like it!  Even grainy- it gives that feel of a movie still.  Well done.

• Very cool.  I kind of like the graininess.  It adds something to the image.

edited September 2017

Thanks, I think it works there too. Here's another render of Jackson. He really has a nice profile. 

Keeping Watch

"Oh, to be human again, if only for a moment..."

Made with: 
    Jackson for G3M and G8M 
    Night Slayer Outfit for G3M
    Dark Fantasy Add-ons for G3M
    SAV Alpha Moikana Hair (Rendo)
    Sveva Sci Fantasy Lights (Rendo)

Keeping-Watch.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 422K
  • I agree, I like the graininess.  He looks good!

• I just saw this on DM's thread.  It reminds me a little of the mood of your Black Cat image.  It looks amazing!

• Ooo.  Very nice!  Thank you!  Love the posing, lighting and background; works very well.

• Very nice as always Llynara.  Love the contrasts with the redish background/city, and blackish foreground.  Nice effect.

Ha ha, thanks! I had fun doing these. Now I actually do need to get back to Black Kat and finish the next book! I'll be doing plenty of art along the way though. 

edited September 2017

War Goddess

Here's one more, this is Clarke wearing the Minerva outfit, which comes with weapons, armor, hair, and poses.It's from Didier, who is in the Mega Fast Grab today. I used one of the included poses here. I used Clarke's third brow and some of her more natural makeup options. She looks pretty good with pale hair. Composition could be better, will probably redo it later with a more dynamic pose. I keep wanting to tilt that sword a bit when I look at this, LOL