Scissors which open-Solved

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,565
edited December 2016 in The Commons

i would like to do an image with a stylist and I'm looking for some stylist type scissors which open.  I See slosh as two one in chez Lucille and another's in his prop set? Has anyone found this open for cutting? Thanks

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144
    edited December 2016

Slosh's scissors do open and close. I don't have the hair salon but I do have The Worx - which is all the small props from a few of his/her sets ;).

Laurie

Closed Scissors.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 51K
    Open Scissors.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 61K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,565
    AllenArt said:

Slosh's scissors do open and close. I don't have the hair salon but I do have The Worx - which is all the small props from a few of his/her sets ;).

Laurie

Thanks Laurie! Very helpful.

Sorry...the product is correctly called The Werks ;)

http://www.daz3d.com/the-werks-mega-prop-pack

• I was going to suggest edditing a pair with geometry tool making two halves

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I have a pair of opening scissors in Everyday Household Items, but they're not suitable for hairdressing.

But I just wanted to add that if you can split the geometry into 2 pieces, the rest is easy.

Import both pieces, set the origins in the correct place for opening/closing, then rotate each piece to its open position and export them. That's your morph for the scissors. Then zero the 2 pieces and export them. After that, all you need to do is import the obj, add the morph and save it to the library.

mac

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    maclean said:

I have a pair of opening scissors in Everyday Household Items, but they're not suitable for hairdressing.

But I just wanted to add that if you can split the geometry into 2 pieces, the rest is easy.

Import both pieces, set the origins in the correct place for opening/closing, then rotate each piece to its open position and export them. That's your morph for the scissors. Then zero the 2 pieces and export them. After that, all you need to do is import the obj, add the morph and save it to the library.

mac

Thanks, Mac!  LOL... "Don't buy scissors, make your own" I'm just kidding, mate.  It just made me laugh and I had to say something.

Laurie, I am male :)

Brian (aka Slosh, aka SloshWerks)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It doesn't matter if you make or buy the scissors...just never run with them.

edited January 2017
    Slosh said:
    maclean said:

mac

Thanks, Mac!  LOL... "Don't buy scissors, make your own" I'm just kidding, mate.  It just made me laugh and I had to say something.

Laurie, I am male :)

Brian (aka Slosh, aka SloshWerks)

Thought so, but wasn't sure, but thanks for the clarification. LOL

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on