The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,041
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Some guy on DA really getting on my nerves by constantly "insisting" I stop using Photoshop and use GIMP, stop using Maxwell and move on to LuxRay (Which has never ever once worked in Cinema for me, and is not integrated into it either), and refrain from using C4D and use Blender instead. "Convert to open source before it's too late" he says >_>

I don't mind people telling me about alternatives to Photoshop (Which I personally need for a few reasons, and no free alternative can offer), but when they state it in a way like "you're a fool for using those programs" or "You're a slave to them"? Uh-uh/. If they can't respect my opinion then I have no respect for theirs.

And yeah - he's shot down every attempt I've made to explain why I use C4D and Photoshop over Blender and GIMP V_V

What about: "What part of, 'I already own the programs I use, and I already know how to use them' don't you understand?"
    The free open source programs are nice, but I hate "Software Nazis": "You MUST use only programs I approve of!"
    What's up with that? Can you just "block" people that annoy you on DA like you can here?
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

What about: "What part of, 'I already own the programs I use, and I already know how to use them' don't you understand?"
    The free open source programs are nice, but I hate "Software Nazis": "You MUST use only programs I approve of!"
    What's up with that? Can you just "block" people that annoy you on DA like you can here?

Heh, the "I already own" part is the first thing he started yapping about: how it's "sad" to see so many talented artists being slaves to commercial software =P

Yeah I can block him, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet (Am a little distracted at the moment XD )

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,829
    edited December 1969

I want to play with DS but have it workable solution when I go to the library to the computers. I cannot install anything on them.

I tried a portable version of gimp but the library computer prevents me from running it.

Another complaint is that I have to wear reading glasses in order to read. Otherwise the letters are very blurry. I have to find an eye doctor to check on my eyes. Maybe my house lady will help me with that.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Fish fingers and custard sounds interesting, and fishy :lol:

I get it from a show that I like. This cute guy arrives at this girl's back yard. He complains he was hungry, so the little girl tried to make something for him to eat. He refused everything except Fish Fingers and custard.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...kind of in lurking mode most of the evening. worked another long day got home late and am very tired.

Heard from my sister in Kansas City so spent a bit of the evening responding via email while preparing dinner (garlic & herb rubbed cod with my special tarragon garlic roasted potato wedges and thin sliced carrots in a butter sauce).

It feels so good to cook again (did I mention that before?).

Almost midweek, probably another long day tomorrow (my co-manager has been out sick). The one good thing, it will be a nice paycheque on the 15th.

Ended up using my PC coupon for the Genesis Starter bundle so I effectively picked up the Genesis Troll for a paltry 8$ and change along with the two sets of clothing content the bundle includes.

...well off to bed. Morning will rear it's ugly head all to quickly.

yumma, potato wedges sauce sounds delicioso

edited December 1969

woke up to early. I just do not feel like sleeping at the moment.

i think, needz the double too for early?

woke up too early

edited December 1969

off to a slow start today. :)

owlmouse.jpg
    500 x 374 - 44K
    koal.jpg
    336 x 512 - 37K
    froggee.jpg
    500 x 457 - 47K
    chasing.png
    500 x 364 - 241K
    edited December 1969

yep, really slow start. mebbe a spot of TEA

kitteh.gif
    350 x 253 - 982K
    foxies.gif
    360 x 231 - 977K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

maybe a spot of TEA

I don't think that's tea the other two raptors are drinking though XD

1325402195.lamasu_evenfallnewyear_.jpg
    1202 x 836 - 148K
    1314642639.hibbary_theprince_.jpg
    800 x 1118 - 236K
    edited December 1969

I was told that my computer uses as much electricity as a full fridge. I think that is due to having a fridge and freezer in same room..

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    tjohn said:

Heh, the "I already own" part is the first thing he started yapping about: how it's "sad" to see so many talented artists being slaves to commercial software =P

Yeah I can block him, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet (Am a little distracted at the moment XD )

what about commercial hardware, unless they're making their own brushes, pigments, and canvas.. Painters user commerical brands too.

Open source might be free, but thats the only thing going for it IMHO, Commerical software tends to have regular patch cycles (if needed), regular updates, a dedicated "Paid" dev staff, and usually a decent User manual, and support.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    maybe a spot of TEA

Their social life is more exciting than mine.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint:

I has gear lust. Trying not to buy more stuff.. so.. hard... :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

Nowhere to put anything due to being in a small "temporary" room until March. Blech.

Non-complaint:

Baked potato soup with cheddar and bacon bits! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I was told that my computer uses as much electricity as a full fridge. I think that is due to having a fridge and freezer in same room..

A computer should not use much more than having a couple of light bulbs turned on. The biggest power draw will be your monitor, so make sure that you have the monitor set to turn itself off when the PC is not in use, don't use a screensaver. THe next biggest power draw will be your cooling system, so if that is having to work hard it will cost more. And turn it off and turn the mains off when the PC is not in use. Any equipment on standby is wasting power.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

A computer should not use much more than having a couple of light bulbs turned on. The biggest power draw will be your monitor, so make sure that you have the monitor set to turn itself off when the PC is not in use, don't use a screensaver. THe next biggest power draw will be your cooling system, so if that is having to work hard it will cost more. And turn it off and turn the mains off when the PC is not in use. Any equipment on standby is wasting power.

correct, and, an LCD screen uses even less power than old CRT versions. Laptops do not consume alot of power compared to other appliances, desktops on the other hand... powersupplies on those are getting a tad rediculous.

edited December 1969

yep, really slow start. mebbe a spot of TEA

#1. Cute!
    #2. Spin-dizzy kitteh!
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    chohole said:

correct, and, an LCD screen uses even less power than old CRT versions. Laptops do not consume alot of power compared to other appliances, desktops on the other hand... powersupplies on those are getting a tad rediculous.

I did not think it would use that much electricity while am not renderiny. Does rendering or playing sims cause a computer to run like a fridge?

I am calling hp to see what the !#&$ problem with the computer allegedly is using.

edited December 1969

my computer (desktop) not including the monitor uses 130 watts just browing forums and having Bryce Rendering a scene.

not sure what my laptop would pull but I know its alot Less.

edited December 1969

I called HP support since the computer is under warenty still. The tech guy helped me clear up all the processes and programs that were starting on start up. I think now it is using two light bulbs worth.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

I called HP support since the computer is under warenty still. The tech guy helped me clear up all the processes and programs that were starting on start up. I think now it is using two light bulbs worth.
    Here hope this helps you some.

Power is a rate of energy consumption. A computer will use the same amount of power if it's on for a minute or a week, but it will use energy proportional to the time it's running.

Your average desktop computer has a 400-watt power supply. This is its maximum power consumption (plus losses), so it will consume at most 400 watts * 24 hours = 9600 watt-hours = 9.6 kilowatt-hours per day. In practice, it will consume quite a bit less. Some people with huge gaming machines using ultra-performance graphics cards may consume much more!

One big factor is the display, not the computer proper; LCD displays use far less power than CRTs.

So a standard PC with a 400 watt power supply can on demand pull as much power as 4 100 watt light bulbs, then you add in the power for the monitors power supply, they normaly only pull the rated amount. So for my PC one hour of PC use is equal to five 100 watt lightbulbs per hour of use. Or 500 Watts per hour at maximum load. Most PC's never run at Maximum load for longer than you play that 3D Game with all the Bells and whistles turned on or you do a Heavy Render. I'm pushing at Maimum 12.0 Kilowatt-hours per day on my PC.

At a cost of .20 cents per Kilowatt my PC costs about $2.40 a day at Maximum Usage when a Moderen Refidge costs $5.71 per day.

I hope this helps and all the info about power useage is on the net and can be shown to anyone if you like.

EDIT: The average useage of most modern PC's is rated a .62 cents a day because they are not at FULL load often.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I had too many background processes running and the tech guy from HP helped me to turn them off so they would not run when I start the computer. I think that was also causing Firefox to crash so easily.
    Now the cpu is not running all the time which means the fan is also not running all the time.

I knew there was something wrong when he said that it was running electricity like a fridge. That was too much for one computer. Maybe if I had a render farm almost like Pixar's then I would understand why it is so much because there are many render machines working together to get movie theater quality work.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Cool breeze rustling leaves and stirring treetops in our garden under a pale blue cloudless summer sky :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    maybe a spot of TEA

Wonderful funny :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Fish fingers and custard sounds interesting, and fishy :lol:

I get it from a show that I like. This cute guy arrives at this girl's back yard. He complains he was hungry, so the little girl tried to make something for him to eat. He refused everything except Fish Fingers and custard.

Haz hungry for fish fingers for lunch :)

edited December 1969

tried again to put on my valentine's day avatar, but ... An error was encountered while attempting to assign your image

random Yoshi drop :)

random valentine drop

untitled16a.jpg
    793 x 749 - 153K
    Yoshi.jpg
    460 x 506 - 42K
    edited December 1969

Super Mario in love?

edited December 1969

tried again to put on my valentine's day avatar, but ... An error was encountered while attempting to assign your image

random Yoshi drop :)

random valentine drop

Looks like it will be Christmas all year then yay! :lol:

edited December 1969

I lost my avatar but now I cannot seem to ad a new one

edited December 1969

When oh when are they going to fix the avatar and signature uploads? Please...

a.aaa_.jpg
    425 x 419 - 40K
This discussion has been closed.