Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

The Elevensies-ent Hour

succubus Aiko, ... Aikubus?, wolfhound, ane rel out for their elevensies, but is only 10am

Aikoubus.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    aikoubus render settings.JPG
    483 x 774 - 83K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited January 2017

Misty - nice to see the Linton Inn being used!

Here's one where I did the dress, the hair and all the shaders, draped in Carrara using the cool plugin, rendered with Octane Render for Carrara.  I have titled it "Too Much?"!

Natasha-GlamourDressFinal.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 343K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

@PhilW, this far and no further. Very realistic and superb!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited January 2017

Here is my version of G2 female character. I modeled the exact copy of my own pants for my G2 female with the photo texture on them taken from my jeans.

TVShow03.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 551K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Very nice job, Phil! 

In case you couldn't tell, I was the wolfhound in Mysty's shot, enjoying elevensies

I look a little frustrated because Aikobus and Rael kept stealing my drinks! Argh!!!

tee hee , wolfhoound needs a caramel machiato latte

PhilW said:

Misty - nice to see the Linton Inn being used!

Here's one where I did the dress, the hair and all the shaders, draped in Carrara using the cool plugin, rendered with Octane Render for Carrara.  I have titled it "Too Much?"!

healthy girl smiley

MistyMist said:

tee hee , wolfhoound needs a caramel machiato latte

Yes please! ;)

Misty, you know me too well! yes

• ScarecrowScarecrow Posts: 167

Daz Dragon 3

image.jpeg
    1920 x 1080 - 263K
    edited January 2017
    Scarecrow said:

Daz Dragon 3

I love the new Dragon 3, and I love this render!

I was just talking (in another thread) about how promotional pages used to have a lot more pictures and information in the older Daz3d. This is another example. This Dragon has a LOT more going for it that what we see in the promo pages. So then I decided to look up the beloved Millennium Dragon 2 and, sure enough... much of the promotion it used to have is now simple not there, and it's a shame. It used to show off a bunch of the shape morphs with nice pictures. This Dragon 3 has a LOT of awesome shapes and incredible posing dials built right into it. Perhaps those morphs come from the morphs pack, which I bought at the same time. Still... I miss those old product pages :(

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2017
    Scarecrow said:

Daz Dragon 3

I was just talking (in another thread) about how promotional pages used to have a lot more pictures and information in the older Daz3d. This is another example. This Dragon has a LOT more going for it that what we see in the promo pages. So then I decided to look up the beloved Millennium Dragon 2 and, sure enough... much of the promotion it used to have is now simple not there, and it's a shame. It used to show off a bunch of the shape morphs with nice pictures. This Dragon 3 has a LOT of awesome shapes and incredible posing dials built right into it. Perhaps those morphs come from the morphs pack, which I bought at the same time. Still... I miss those old product pages :(

nice, lov the sky too

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

+1

MistyMist said:
    Scarecrow said:

Daz Dragon 3

nice, lov the sky too

Thanks guys, the sky is from Dimension Therory's Atmospheric Clouds HDRI Pack One, it's called foreboding. 

The Dragon is great, but I think it needs some adjustment for use in Carrara. When you try to use the included poses the back legs in particular don't look right. Then I started to just manually pose the back legs and they don't seem to move right. First I got around this by turning off constraints, that works fine, and you can pose the dragon anyway you want once you turn them off. But after that I realized the real culprit is orientation values. I found the 2nd and 3rd bones of the fingers weren't really turning the way they should. When I set the orientation of the x axis to 0 the fingers started behaving like they should. 

So when I have time, I'm going to see if I can come up with orientation settings for the leg bones that allow the poses to be used without any adjustment. 

edited January 2017

Hmmm... I'll have to check. I don't remember having difficulty with mine, but maybe I did? 

The Dragon, itself, comes with some nice maps to work with. I like how neutral they are, so we can blend in color gradients and such... just fun!

I don't have the poser version installed on my machine so I couldn't check to see if it works any differently, but yeah my back legs are a little off. I was able to adjust the orient values in the motion tab just for the shins and feet and it's working much better, all the poses I have load up without any problems now. 

And yeah I totally agree, the maps are great! I used the silver one without any changes for my render. 

Here's an example. I used the "crouching" pose, and it looks like the wings need some adjustment too, the left wing is poking fhrough the right. The rear feet are sticking out to the sides. The second pic shows the same pose loaded onto the figure that I adjusted the shins and feet on. 

Before adj.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 593K
    After Adj.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 574K

I think there was something like that going on, now that you mention it. Yeah, we have to use the Daz Studio version. DSON for Poser products don't work for Carrara, I don't think. 

Heck of a cool Beastie, eh?

During that whole Christmas give-away thing, I grabbed almost all of the Dragon 3 stuff that was in there that I didn't have. Almost. There were many tough calls - other things tugging me... tugging me... tugging me ;)

Like this cool armor for the Charger Horse, which I didn't have - but for a couple of bucks, I changed that! LOL

I still need to work on shaders for this awesome workhorse as well as the armor - as if you can't tell! Tee Hee Hee!

Astral War Horse.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 429K

Yeah that's when I was grabbing Dragon stuff too! Here's the orient values I used to fix the legs. 

Orient Values.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 679K
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited January 2017

Happy New Year to you all. We are now leasing the year of the monkey,  and entering the year of the rooster. 

And as I have been told ,  it is important to settle  all debt , and not engage in any argument the next days. Or it will be bad luck. 

tet2017.jpg
    800 x 600 - 187K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Love it! Looking forward to the Chinese banquet that my wife seems to be planning for tomorrow!

Yum!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited January 2017
    Stezza said:

Consolidated PBY-6A Catalina on Reconnaissance

This render from Stezza inspired me to look at a product I got over Christmas for free, the Daz Biplane (Sopwith Camel).

I wasn't expecting much as it looked pretty simple.  But it turned out to be a useful model (although more modest than the Catalina).

Here it is with mostly original biplane textures, accompanied by the venerable Aiko 3. 

It was a great learning tool, as I got to go deeper into Carrara terrain textures, and even volumetric clouds.

In the next version of the same scene, I got to play with reflections, and the equally venerable Aikobot Maria:

Still getting my footing in Carrara.  But after a couple of months, things are getting easier - not quite as easy as they were in Daz Studio, but the options are much greater, and exploring them is starting to become enjoyable.

Carrara is worth it for the lighting alone!

No postwork on either of the above.  Haven't modeled or animated anything yet.  Looking forward to it!

Biplane original texture .png
    2000 x 1155 - 3M
    Biplane chrome.png
    2000 x 1155 - 3M
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    edited January 2017

Thankyou UB, still getting over my hospital visit and to see this really has lifted my spirits.. makes it all worthwhile..

awesome renders, you can get more plane models at ShareCG for personal use to play around with.
    Here I tried to do a dambusters render before  I was sidetracked last week smiley
    must get back to that one..

Dam Busters.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 540K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Very happy to see you posting some renders, Stezza.  Still sending you positive thoughts.  yes

Well done, UB.  So glad to see folks continuing to make good use of A3.  Classic figure.

• This whole page is full of amazing renders.

I really like Vyusur's G2 with the blue clothing and PhilW's figure shows mastery of the whole process.

The bi-plane in colour (first pic) by UnifiedBrain really appeals to my taste.  I think a lot of subtle touches went into it.  The lighting is such that much of it almost has an outline but not in the way a toon render would have.  I've never yet come close to getting such a result.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited January 2017

Communicator from the original Star Trek.  Modelled and rendered in Carrara, color adjustment for the old film effect done in Photoshop.

Communicators.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 437K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Very nice, MDO! Looks real! ;)

This whole page is full of amazing renders.

I really like Vyusur's G2 with the blue clothing and PhilW's figure shows mastery of the whole process.

The bi-plane in colour (first pic) by UnifiedBrain really appeals to my taste.  I think a lot of subtle touches went into it.  The lighting is such that much of it almost has an outline but not in the way a toon render would have.  I've never yet come close to getting such a result.

Agreed 100%

...and, Yeah, lighting is everything in rendering! Very nice job, UB!

Stezza, I agree... you need to continue that one - even as awesome as it already is! Very Nice dambusting render! yes

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited January 2017
    Stezza said:

Thankyou UB, still getting over my hospital visit and to see this really has lifted my spirits.. makes it all worthwhile..

awesome renders, you can get more plane models at ShareCG for personal use to play around with.
    Here I tried to do a dambusters render before  I was sidetracked last week smiley
    must get back to that one..

Hi Stezza - glad to know you are still alive and kicking.  I've used a few of those aircraft over at ShareCG.  Nice models, but the "personal use only " clause causes me to seek other models.  And I don't mind paying for good ones.

Dam Busters!  My favorite movie as a kid, and still top ten.

Diomede - I love those old characters.  In fact, I'm thinking about going backwards to V2 and M2, assuming they play well in Carrara.  Some great outfits in the archives. Some V3 bundles on sale right now!

Marcus - thanks!  Most of the lighting was Global Illumination (both skylight amd indirect checked), with a distance light, a couple of spots, and a tube light to make the eyes more visable.  Ambient was low, about 6%. It took a bit of time to exclude certain objects from the spotlights to get the the right feel.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

yessssssssssssssss cool

Nice model yes

Hi Stezza - glad to know you are still alive and kicking.  I've used a few of those aircraft over at ShareCG.  Nice models, but the "personal use only " clause causes me to seek other models.  And I don't mind paying for good ones.

Yep, Vanishing Point is a good go to place for a lot of models

MDO2010 said:

Communicator from the original Star Trek.  Modelled and rendered in Carrara, color adjustment for the old film effect done in Photoshop.

edited January 2017

Here's the Sopwith Camel that we model under the tutelage of our very own Mr. Phil Wilkes during the fourth chapter of Infinite Skills' wonderful Advanced Carrara Techniques educational video course.

Mine uses different shaders than Phil's, though I did use his included texture maps and I've added a blurred circular plane where the prop is suppose to go for these in-flight shots, and added a cone tip for the prop, just for fun. I say 'mine', but this is actually the one Phil includes in the working files. I am going to build my own but, when I do, I think I'll use his lessons to build a different aircraft altogether, just to add to the collection.

Shown here being flown by Rosie over a scene built from Badlands EnvironKit with some additions from Woodlands ;)

When I saw that Daz Biplane, I almost added it to the cart until I realized that it was a Sopwith Camel, since we build that in our course. But heck... I do like collecting models, I may just buy it anyway. looks nice :)

The modeling course in which we model this aircraft is truly wonderful. During the chapter we learn a lot of modeling practices concerning the ins and outs of modeling from template images including prepping the images for use in the vertex modeler as modeling guides and, by the end, we're using Fenric's ERC for Carrara modifiers to control all four ailerons and their connecting cables from only one aileron. 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
This discussion has been closed.