redocking pane group

OK, somehow I have undocked my right side pane group from studio, How in the $&%#@!!* do you get it to redock? I have tried everythin including a reset to factory, that for some reason doesn't work. This is driving me crazy and the only way I can see to fix it at this point is to uninstal and reinstal 4.9, anyone have an idea? 

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I know there is a way but I honestly don't know what it is.  Usually when I undock a pane I click around randomly and sometimes it goes back lol.  I am sure someone will come along and point (both of us) in the right direction

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

I know there is a way but I honestly don't know what it is.  Usually when I undock a pane I click around randomly and sometimes it goes back lol.  I am sure someone will come along and point (both of us) in the right direction

LOL ... Well its good to know that I am not the only one out there that has done this. I have clicked around and even tried deleting the tabs and then turning them back on in the hope that they would come back docked again. No luck there. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

I'm sure if you can wait until Richard is up and about, he'll know ;).

Laurie

AllenArt said:

I'm sure if you can wait until Richard is up and about, he'll know ;).

Laurie

Well my brother just emailed and said to try this fix out but being at work right now I will have to wait. However if you want to give it a try Ice Dragon Art. 

Windows – Select layout  - city limits  (click accept)

Windows – Select Style – Dark Side (unless you want to try new colours)  (click accept)

Huh.  I will try that the next time it happens lol. thanks!

Huh.  I will try that the next time it happens lol. thanks!

Cool, I am at work and have no acces to try sad Wish this day would get over, its my Friday and its a 3 day weekend with New Years. 

edited December 2016

Nice!  I should probably not mention that I have been off since last Friday lol.  I don't go back til Tuesday.  BUT, I haven't used even close to all of my vacation time and this time of the year is usually very slow anyway.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Nice!  I should probably not mention that I have been off since last Friday lol.  I don't go back til Tuesday.  BUT, I haven't used even close to all of my vacation time and this time of the year is usually very slow anyway.

I would love to be able to do that, but my job won't let me. Oh well you will just have to enjoy it that much more for those of us that can't.   

• Make sure that Docking and Undocking aren't locked in the Window menu.

Dreag the group by its top frame edge (not one of the tabs) to the edge and when you see a line of the highlight colour release the mouse.

Make sure that Docking and Undocking aren't locked in the Window menu.

Dreag the group by its top frame edge (not one of the tabs) to the edge and when you see a line of the highlight colour release the mous

Thanks Richard I will give that a try when I get off work. Thanks for popping in and helping. 

• the only way I can see to fix it at this point is to uninstal and reinstal 4.9

That won't work either — the UI settings that include defining where all your open and active panes go is stored in a separate settings file. This is not deleted or overwritten during D|S uninstall/reinstall, so as soon as you restart D|S again, everything will reappear exactly the way it was before. Richard's advice sounds right, although I must admit whenever I need to juggle panes and groups, there's a lot of trial and error involved. Mostly error. And forehead-shaped dents in the wall...

Richard,

your fix worked. I would have responded earlier, but someone cut the main fiber line to Iraq and we are getting our internet on bubblegum, bailing wire and duct tape at the moment. Thank you for the help.

• Richard,

your fix worked. I would have responded earlier, but someone cut the main fiber line to Iraq and we are getting our internet on bubblegum, bailing wire and duct tape at the moment. Thank you for the help.

Glad it helped, sorry about the connection woes.

• I try to reinstall several times, doesnt work at all

• I try to reinstall several times, doesnt work at all

Reinstalling won't help with layout issues as those are in the layout settings, which survive uninstall/reinstall. Have you tried Window>Workspace>Select Layout, which will reset the entire workspace?