OT Lost my brush preview on Photo shop

I've lost my brush preview in photoshop which is making it very difficult to do anything.  I've clicked on view - brush preview but that did nothing.  Any ideas?

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 2016

Hi Icedragon. what version of Photoshop you using.?

you can click essentials tab then go to your windows menu on the top of Photoshop and select brushes or brush preset to bring up your brushes preview .All the tool options is found here  once the brushes come up,  on the very left hand side of the brushes window is a drop down menu of your options  Bushes , Paint, Swatches etc. all the same place.  I suggest click lock tool bar to keep from loosing it again ;)

Creative cloud version  On the top tab of the bushes in the left there is a menu click preset manager and just reset your presets including brushes & preview window

If your using Creative Suite version you can click that same side menu and you will see bushes . click it and then on that menu click preview. 

I hope that helps

I tried to take a screen shot of it. But every time i opened the snip tool the Photoshop menu closed.  Sorry

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Make sure you haven't accidentally engaged the CapsLock key.  That sometimes causes mysterious problems.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks Ivy and LeatherGryphon.  I did finally get it to work.  Its the latest version of whatever the monthly subscription is.  I did follow your directions ivy and cloased and re opened after that and that seemed to do the trick.  LG, that was what I was trying to remember!  I knew there was something that caused issues and I could not remember what it was.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

Glad it worked out for you :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,176
    edited December 2016

Took me years to notice the CapsLock bugaboo.    I'd put up with some annoying Photoshop problem for hours or days, until for some reason the problem would go away and I couldn't remember what caused it or what made it go away.  Then one day I caught myself nudging the CapsLock key and my infuriating problem started happening.  It was a Homer Simpson "DOH" moment!

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Took me years to notice the CapsLock bugaboo.    I'd put up with some annoying Photoshop problem for hours or days, until for some reason the problem would go away and I couldn't remember what caused it or what made it go away.  Then one day I caught myself nudging the CapsLock key and my infuriating problem started happening.  It was a Homer Simpson "DOH" moment!

I hate when that happens lol.  I do appreciate the help I'm sure I've done that before.  I ran into this weird thing today where I would go to change my brush or just move from one side of the screen to the other and the whole image would turn diaganol.  NO idea what was happening. I was still on the brush tool and hadn't hit any buttons.  Weird lol.