Where in the world is Antonia Polygon?

CriosCrios Posts: 2,677

Whit the closing of RDNA store we lost another great character for Poser and DAZ : Antonia Polygon.

Someone know where is possible download her?

Comments

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508
    edited December 2016

still at https://sites.google.com/site/antoniapolygon/

I cant remember if the rdna version had a creative commons license though. If it does, anyone who has it could send it to you. i will check if I got that version somewhere

Post edited by DigiDotz on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

The weight mapped version is lost in the wind now I think. Unless the license allows passing it around.

Laurie

• I have the RDNA version, and it does include the Creative Commons License, but it also has the RDNA License, which restricts redistribution.

edited December 2016

You can just convert the standard version to weight mapping in DS and Save as a new version.  I seem to remember there was one posted on sharecg??

"Antonia is free and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution license. The latest release for developers is version 1.2.0, which can be downloaded from the link below.

Download link: Antonia-1-2-0.zip
    "

The main problem is lack of clothing projection templates

Post edited by DigiDotz on
  • I guess my question would be whether the RDNA License supercedes the Creative Commons License.

• That would be a shame if we lost Antonia. I always thought she was a great character. Ive got the RDNA version.

........to avoid confusion I meant the main 1.2.0 version in my post above.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I guess my question would be whether the RDNA License supercedes the Creative Commons License.

It can't...once Creatve Commons licensed...always CC.   Just like public domain.  If something is released as "Public Domain" it can't be copyrighted by someone else.

Irrevocability

Remember the license may not be revoked.

Once you apply a CC license to your material, anyone who receives it may rely on that license for as long as the material is protected by copyright and similar rights, even if you later stop distributing it.

https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Considerations_for_licensors_and_licensees#Remember_the_license_may_not_be_revoked. ;

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,568

I have Antonia, along with quite a few more startup figures and never really used any of them as the support was lacking to get them to a state I could use them in my projects.

Let's see I have Antonia, BVH Cynthia and Angela, MostDigitalCreations PollyGon, RDNA's Eva, Ali's GG3.1, Angela and their latest Bella beta which has a great face, but that is it so far.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,677

At this time everyone can upload Antonia Developer Version on his site, and create his version. Ever releasing her under CCC.

edited December 2016
    DigiDotz said:

You can just convert the standard version to weight mapping in DS and Save as a new version.  I seem to remember there was one posted on sharecg??

"Antonia is free and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution license. The latest release for developers is version 1.2.0, which can be downloaded from the link below.

Download link: Antonia-1-2-0.zip
    "

The main problem is lack of clothing projection templates

The really goal is a full convrsion of Antonia for DAZ.

Post edited by Crios on

It works fine Crios. Expressions are also preserved. After converting (and maybe adding morphs etc) you can save as a figure asset with whatever name you like and even distribute it as long as you attribute properly. I think Antonia was a fantastic gift to the community.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

"I have Antonia, along with quite a few more startup figures and never really used any of them as the support was lacking to get them to a state I could use them in my projects."

Without content they are just another naked girl
    with maybe one hair prop

"The really goal is a full conversion of Antonia for DAZ."

I have to wonder What Advantage would their be in that?
    her face and body  could be duplicated with morphs on any Genesis female 

could it not??

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 2016

Crossdresser 4 supports both Antonia and Weight Mapped. XD4 is free and the license for AP is probably $10. Ditto for WM. If you decide to give XD4 a chance, look at the bundles before you buy licenses..

Post edited by pwiecek on
    DigiDotz said:

It works fine Crios. Expressions are also preserved. After converting (and maybe adding morphs etc) you can save as a figure asset with whatever name you like and even distribute it as long as you attribute properly. I think Antonia was a fantastic gift to the community.

I know it, also because i use a converted version too, my idea is to add a weight map for improve the pose.

@Wolf359 many of us still to use Antonia because has followed her development from the first version, and is really fond to her. For the dress on Sharecg there a lot of dress for her, i've various, and also some extra morphs and characters.