Dealing with Flexing Muscles

lokanbulllokanbull Posts: 24
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on creating new characters in Daz Studio by applying various morphs to the base Genesis model. However, there is one thing I noticed with most of my creations while I pose them: The muscles are very static.

I've attached a sample picture of what I mean. In that picture, you will notice his biceps (muscles on the upper arms) are colliding with the forearms, and are not technically flexed even though the character is flexing. That muscles should be more round and 'bulge' out more.

So, for those of you who create muscled characters like this, how do you deal with flexing muscles? Do you manually modify the pose through sculpting programs like Hexigon? Or do you use a plugin?

I've looked through the market place here and I found Genesis Evolution: Muscularity. Of those of you who used it, would this solve this issue? I see it contains a bicep flex morph, would that give that effect?

Thanks in advance for any help.

sample2.png
766 x 847 - 312K

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

I just got the genesis Muscularity last week, so i haven't really played with it yet.
    Left is standard Freak, right is with both Biceps and Biceps Flex morphs dialed up.

muscles.png
    800 x 600 - 284K
  • lokanbulllokanbull Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

I just got the genesis Muscularity last week, so i haven't really played with it yet.
    Left is standard Freak, right is with both Biceps and Biceps Flex morphs dialed up.

Thanks for the sample, it gives me a good idea of what that plug-in can do. Though I still wonder if it would help reduce the muscle collision I pointed out. I may have to experiment with it once I get my hands on it.

To everyone else, have any of you dealt with this before? If so, how did you deal with it?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

Personally, I either avoid those types of poses or embrace them...!

M5_Hyde_009.jpg
    968 x 868 - 196K
    M5_Hyde_008.jpg
    971 x 1600 - 218K
  • lokanbulllokanbull Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

Personally, I either avoid those types of poses or embrace them...!

Wow, those are great renders. You really put a lot of time and effort on those shapes and textures!

I think I may have to go that route as well. Fortunately, it's not something that will stop me, but curious to see how others handle it :)

Thanks for your input.

• While the Genesis Muscularity Morphs are helpful in general, the Bicep Flex is HORRIBLE. There is NO PEAK WHATSOEVER, you wind up with a brick instead of a hill. The FLEXED bicep looks a lot more like a STRETCHED/unflexed bicep that just got taller.

Generations 4, 6, & 7 all have good bicep peaks, sadly Generation 5 aka Genesis 1 does not. And I cannot find any good morphs in the store to fix this. (marketing opportunity if anyone wants to sculpt a good Genesis Bicep Peak Morph.)