Is "Arien" a new name for an old PA?

I see the name "Arien" for a bunch of items in the sale and store (and thngs I own), but it's really unfamiliar to me before a day or two ago.

Is it an old PA with a name name? Have I just been that unobservant?

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I can't seem to find them. Link a product of theirs? 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,333

No Arien has been around as Arien for quite a while she used to team up with Luthbel.

Her work is wonderful extremly detailed textureing.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2016

I can remember Arien from early on in the forum days,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

Consider that the SKU for her oldest product in the store is 4600... and the most recent SKU is over 36,000....

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

It's not that I think she's new, but the name doesn't seem familiar to me the way names like Valandar, Sarsa, Silver, etc are that have been around for a long time.

Of course, last week maybe I did know it and it's momentary brain blip.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151

I've known Arien since she popped into the forums two forum softwares back starting out texturing freebies to get her groove going with texturing.  She's also a good friend on Facebook using her name Ana.  She's an amazing artist, designer and fabulous person. 

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Arien was one of the first PAs I ever patronized back when I joined in 2011.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,761
    edited December 2016
    Scavenger said:

It's not that I think she's new, but the name doesn't seem familiar to me the way names like Valandar, Sarsa, Silver, etc are that have been around for a long time.

Of course, last week maybe I did know it and it's momentary brain blip.

I didn't really recall her name either (I vaguely do now) despite I have 29 of her products. All her newer stuff is DAZ Originals or PC+, and DAZ name is always first in the "Artist" field, maybe that's why. Actually I got a couple of them during this week as free bonus items, but all I noticed was that they were DOs.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

If I recall correctly, Led Zeppelin even mentioned her in "All my love"...

I'm just guessing it's the same person... and spelled the same... and that anyone is actually reading this...

Cool song though... 

Merry Christmas.

• ArienArien Posts: 195
    edited May 2017

*holy necroposting!!!*

Hey guys. I've only now found this. Thank you everybody who commented, you are all very kind :)

Yes, I am a rather "old" PA, my first products were for Aiko 3. I've been doing 3D since forever, under this same name, but a lot of the time my commissioned work for DAZ went out as "DAZ Original" (for instance all of the Optitex which wasn't properly attributed even later when they refitted it and they attributed the refitter). I used to be far sparser in my work too, and I took a sabbatical from content creation a bit after Genesis came out.

I've been far more active since 2015 or so, but as I am a texturer, we get the rough end of the deal quite often and when people point to outfits they point at the modeller. :) 
    No, I haven't changed my name either, and yes, you get extra brownie points if you figure out where my nick comes from.

Any particular question feel free to send me a PM (I am not really active in the forums) or feel free to shoot me a message via the Facebook group
    https://www.facebook.com/Arien-Graphics-183757117548/

Post edited by Arien on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,777

I wish Luthbel still had Arien do textures for his products. Her add-ons really added a lot to his sets which now usually consist of only two or three textures, if that. She and ShoxDesign are my favourite texturers of all. Yura should continually ask them to do textures for his sets.

xyer0 said:

I wish Luthbel still had Arien do textures for his products. Her add-ons really added a lot to his sets which now usually consist of only two or three textures, if that. She and ShoxDesign are my favourite texturers of all. Yura should continually ask them to do textures for his sets.

Luthbel changed his workflow a few years ago and that made it rather difficult for me to continue creating add-ons because it conflicted with my own established workflow. His products are still great and are extremely detailed, but the way he's working now made it more difficult for me to create enough of a difference with texturing the way I used to, and I felt it wasn't fair to release items that wouldn't bring that little extra.  So unless something changes in the future, I don't see us doing joint releases again. We are still good friends, we are still in touch, and whenever we are together for DAZ events we are still very much joined at the hip (we have been known for kidnapping Muscleman and April too LOL), we just don't work on the same items anymore. :)

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

"you get extra brownie points if you figure out where my nick comes from"

Tolkien?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2017
    SixDs said:

Tolkien?

If not that then  born under the sign of Aries.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

Keeps ramming out great products.

I'll get me coat.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,044

I have shoes by Aren.  There is an Arryn who also designs shoes which are VERY similar on Rosity - and they SWEAR they are not Aren.  There is also Arien who sells at Rosity - who may be the same as the Arien at DAZ.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited May 2017
    Arien said:

*holy necroposting!!!*

Hey guys. I've only now found this. Thank you everybody who commented, you are all very kind :)

Yes, I am a rather "old" PA, my first products were for Aiko 3. 

I've been far more active since 2015 or so, but as I am a texturer, we get the rough end of the deal quite often and when people point to outfits they point at the modeller. :) 

@arien  Well, I knew who you were and what you do. Own a lot of the products you work on and can always count on nice details. yes   But to the OP- I've been there, done that. I swear I hadn't heard of another vendor, then looked in their store and owned quite a few things! 

Post edited by Novica on
    SixDs said:

Tolkien?

Bingo :) Been using the nick since I was writing articles and translating for SciFi fanzines back before the Internet 

Chohole said:
    SixDs said:

Tolkien?

If not that then  born under the sign of Aries.

Sorry, Aquarius!

Fauvist said:

I have shoes by Aren.  There is an Arryn who also designs shoes which are VERY similar on Rosity - and they SWEAR they are not Aren.  There is also Arien who sells at Rosity - who may be the same as the Arien at DAZ.

Nope, Arryn is not me. But I have a couple of products at Renderosity, I did a commission for them and have a couple of products with ConnieCat (BadKittehCo)

• I have and still use many of your lovely textures, Arien.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    Arien said:

And the irony as the OP for this thread, and now I'm in the same gig :)