Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,158

Hansmar - thank you. Those simple terrains look quite elaborate. Good use of fog and snow.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,034
    edited May 2019

Horo- nice experiments with displacements, I still can't get it right, keep crashing Bryce. The Anaglyph is also nice.

Hansmar - lovely experiments with terrains, I can't believe you used a face as the base for the terrain - you do unusual things, nice use of fog.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. Keep in mind that you have to set render priority to low before you enter the MatLab and introduce displacement. Render also in low priority. Sometimes rendering works with normal or high priority but not always. My example crashed after the render was halfway through. I went back to low and then the render completed.

Horo- thanks for the tip, I think I always use high priority.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,112

Tim82 : superb image.

Horo : great experiment

Hansmar : using images for heightmaps is a great idea and it gives a very nice result too.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

WIP :)

HMS_Ajax.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 205K

Wow very nice Tim

Came out nice, Tim.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Tim...stop working on it...(WIP)...it is super as is....you perfectionist you devil

Jay

edited May 2019

This was supposed to be my 3rd entry for the challenge, then I saw that I have another similar one already on my Pinterest account-slightly different colors; so I’m posting it here. Hopefully I get a chance to do another entry by the end of the month.

medal.jpg
    900 x 675 - 909K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Tim82 : Jamahoney is right, it looks perfect.

mermaid : vibrant colours, cool abstract.

mermaid - great abstract, like a jewel in the centre.

Thanks Adbc and Horo

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764
    edited May 2019

Tim: wonderful sea scene.

Mermaid: great colours!

Another landscape. I used this terrain more often, but now moved the camera and changed the lights. And I used a square parrallel light to light up the mountain on the right.

dead end valey4a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Hansmar said:

Tim: wonderful sea scene.

Mermaid: great colours!

Another landscape. I used this terrain more often, but now moved the camera and changed the lights. And I used a square parrallel light to light up the mountain on the right.

The border of the shadow from the parallel light should not be sharp. There are two ways to avoid this. 

Hansmar - nice terrain. I also use terrains several times with the camera at different positions and a changed area to height ratio. I like the terrain, material and sky but the lighting doesn't convince me, it appears flat and I agree with Slepalex about the sharp shadow line.

i could not help myself, i made some changes :D

New_WIP.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 796K

Tim - not very obvious changes at first glance so I blink-compared this one with the previous one. The water is more violent (as BlumBlumShub and Chohole in the galleries suggested) and the camera lower and nearer to the boat. Now it is more obvious that the crew is missing (as miklett123 complains in the galleries). Both versions are excellent, I couldn't say one is better than the other, it depends what you you intended.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Tim82 said:

i could not help myself, i made some changes :D

This version is probably better. No unnecessary blur. The only thing that diminishes the dignity of this work is the sky from a photo using photoshop. Sometimes, to create a realistic sky and atomosphere in Bryce, you need to spend several times more time and effort than the rest of the picture.

Slepalex, Horo: Thanks for your comments. I may see whether I want to modify it.

Hansmar - thank. Lovely landscape I like the material and lighting.

Tim - awesome stormy sea, very nice.

edited May 2019

Mermaid: Thanks.

I created a new, but highly abstracted, landscape. This is an earlier used terrain, but with a modified camera position and a highly abstract sky. I used a combination of a negative and a positive light, of which the positive one has some greenish colour. The landscape was made partly with posterize. The bluish border around the terrain is actually the 'sea' outside of the terrain.

mountainlake8.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

@Horo, if you look closely at the ship, there are tiny crew members wearing red coats :D

@slepalex, its not a photoshop sky, it is just a hdri with volume clouds ;)

Hansmar : beautiful terrain scape, Horo and Slepalex are right though about the shadow.

The abstract landscape is awesome.

Tim82 : the seascape is wonderful, I like the rough sea.

I'll have to stop Brycing for a while now due to health problems. See you all later and happy brycing everyone !

@adbc, thank you for the nice comments, and i hope you get well soon :)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2019

Mermaid...awesome - you had me at the vibrancy of colours.

Nope, Tim82, still love the first ship work - has a more atmospheric feel to it, but the second attempt works excellently also.

Hansmar, I love the sky in the abstracted landscape.

AdBc...like Tim82 says, get well soon angel

Post edited by Jamahoney on

Hansmar - almost an abstract, great sky.

adbc - sorry to hear (read) that. Get well soon.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Tim82 - great naval scene. I like both variants.

mermaid010 - attractive jewelry abstraction!

Hansmar - interesting experiments. Love that sky in latest picture, almost like marmalade cocktail!

adbc - i join wishes..get well!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Horo said:

Tim - not very obvious changes at first glance so I blink-compared this one with the previous one. The water is more violent (as BlumBlumShub and Chohole in the galleries suggested) and the camera lower and nearer to the boat. Now it is more obvious that the crew is missing (as miklett123 complains in the galleries). Both versions are excellent, I couldn't say one is better than the other, it depends what you you intended.

I had to lauigh at BBS  when he remarked to me elsewhere "I continue to be impressed by that obsolete, largely unsupported dinosaur of a 3D program you use!"

Hansmar - lovely abstract landscape, yes

This discussion has been closed.