Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited March 2018

I made a new landscape render. The city blocks are also terrains. I used triple terrains for each of the blocks, but this is not very visible. I have to do more, to make mover variation this way. I created these landscape-city-blocks by using the filters in the terrain editor.

landterrain.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

Hansmar : cool render, nice idea.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Hansmar - very nice idea, looking good.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

Hansmar - the TE is a very versatile tool and you show this very nicely.

edited March 2018

The object is an Alien Artefact by MatCreator. It is white with PHT boosted transparency and specular, standing on a fading disk. Backdrop and light by the specular convolved CandleSky HDRI with negative specular that creates the green pattern and a bit of light that also creates the inverse shadow.

Solar Deity

SolarDeity.jpg
    1200 x 848 - 145K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - awesome render.

edited March 2018

Horo : Very nice work !

Just a new render : title : Derelict Space station.

Spacecraft, creatures : models from the net. Wings3D forthe space station and a free HDRI sky.

Derelict space station_.jpg
    980 x 490 - 166K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Horo: great render. looks like a statue of some Eastern god.

adbc: Lovely work. The derelict space station/hangor works great with the HDRI shining through.

Hansmar : thank you.

edited March 2018

Adbc – awesome Space Station render, nice modelling in Wings 3D

After spending the last few days working on my previous waterfall render, I settled for this one;  I wanted to keep the lighting, so I worked mainly on the waterfall mat.  Hansmar’s idea to make a duplicate waterfall fuzzy did not work out, I even tried a volumetric mat. I went about modifying Horo’s original mat that came with the set, https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-mountain-gorge/  till I found something I think is okay. I had lots of fun playing in the DTE using Horo’s DTE pdf.

waterfalls-final.jpg
    563 x 734 - 368K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Mermaid - thank you. Try to use stronger fog, the waterfall looks frozen. Perhaps also try to make the waterfall less dense (in the TE and material). In a nutshell, waterfalls are quite difficult to get right. Good to see you persistent.

adbc - thank you. Very cool render, the small persons make the space station huge.

Hansmar - thank you.

Horo : thanks.

mermaid : Horo is right. I tried waterfalls before and it was not even worth submitting. The water where the dophin swims looks great.

Horo and Adbc - thanks for the comments, Yes waterfalls are difficult and I will give this one a rest for now, but I will work with it later. A Personal Challenge. Now I need to work on another entry for the Challenge.

edited March 2018

Inspired by M. C. Escher's Andere Wereld (Other Worlds). The building is made of (booleaned) cubes and cylinders. The terrains were made from Moon hight data. The colours from all objects were desaturated. Rendered with the Obscure Gel Light method. Small errors because no object was slanted.

Andere Bryce Wereld

ABW.jpg
    1155 x 1200 - 376K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : very original idea, great render.

Horo- awesome, magnificent render, you would have used a candle and submitted it for the challenge.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Horo - Excellent, I've always admired Escher's work. The checked material really brings out the optical illusion.

edited March 2018

adbc, mermaid and S Ray - thank you.

The same setup as the previous one but coloured and rendered regular, no TA.

Andere Bryce Wereld Gekleurd

ABWC.jpg
    1155 x 1200 - 191K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : very nice picture as well, difficult to choose which setup I like most.

adbc - thank you. I actually prefer the first even though the second looks somewhat nicer.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Horo said:

adbc - thank you. I actually prefer the first even though the second looks somewhat nicer.

I also prefer the first one.

Horo- magnificent work showing Bryce capabilities. I checked out Escher's work, they are awesome.

edited March 2018

Slepalex - thank you.

mermaid - thank you.

Inspired by Jamahoney's animation I terraformed part of the backside of the Moon. The camera is at 152°E and 9°S looking north-east. The near crater has no name, the one in the middle is Mendeleev and to the right near the horizon is the Mare Moscoviense.

Green Moon

GreenMoon.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 228K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Horo said:
    Inspired by Jamahoney's animation I terraformed part of the backside of the Moon. The camera is at 152°E and 9°S looking north-east. The near crater has no name, the one in the middle is Mendeleev and to the right near the horizon is the Mare Moscoviense.

neat!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Terraforming the Moon, Horo...it's just a few years away - I'm packing for the trip as I speak wink

Jay

Horo : great idea, new life perspective ahead !

Wonderful view, Horo!

And your first Escher is really good. The texture helps a lot there.

Mermaid: I admire your perseverence! I don't think I'll ever try a waterfall!

Horo - magnificent work

Hansmar - thanks, I am about to throw in the towel.laugh

edited March 2018

sriesch - thank you.

Jamahoney - thank you.

adbc - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you.

Another mountainous landscape with a small lake. Horizontal angle of view is 170 degrees with the extreme wide-angle fisheye lens (EWL) in front of the camera.

Tarn

Tarn.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 214K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo  -  another outstanding render

This discussion has been closed.