Hybrid Grunge shaders not rendering properly

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited December 1969 in New Users

Does anyone know why Grime-Inizer, Rust-Icator, etc. do not render properly? They show up on the surfaces in the viewer but when I render the scene surfaces end up just grey.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You must use the 3Delight render setting. Shaders only work in that render mode.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You must use the 3Delight render setting. Shaders only work in that render mode.

Let me rephrase then, since I am using the 3Delight engine by default always. Surfaces such as two walls in the scene rendered previously fine. Now they only render as grey. The floor of the scene which also has these grunge effects applied renders fine. So it is not the entire scene not rendering the shaders but certain surfaces have just stopped rendering altogether for what seems to be no reason.

edited December 1969

Not a clue, Never had them just drop out before. Sorry.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to remove the shaders so that I may try to reapply them? It seems that when I try to select the surface and apply I get an error that a file can not be found in the tmp directory. But if I create a new blank scene the shaders work fine.

edited December 1969

If its a simple plane you have added I'm not sure, but if its a set you have, loading the DS mat file again should work.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Is there a way to remove the shaders so that I may try to reapply them? It seems that when I try to select the surface and apply I get an error that a file can not be found in the tmp directory. But if I create a new blank scene the shaders work fine.

Is this a previously saved scene that you've reloaded?

The fact that there is a 'missing' file in the tmp directory is probably why the render is grey...the missing file is the optimized texture...so it may not actually be the shader failing, it could be the 'optimized' texture...which is the base texture and the overlay. Your best bet, if it is a saved scene is to shut down DS and restart. Then reload the base material file on the walls, like Jaderail suggested. The restart and reload is necessary to clear the temp and rebuild the optimized texture files.