Windows 10 Pro & Carrara 8.5 Pro - Product Key Problem

Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
edited December 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Hi everyone,

after such a long time, I decided to re-install my computer again.

Now I am facing a problem with Carrara 8.5. I downloaded the latest installation file. I installed it, and entered my Name and also my Product Key. So far so good. 

I closed Carrara and now when I start it again, it keeps telling me that I am on a 30 days trial. WTH? Now I cannot find any way to re-enter my product key. I tried deinstalling, wiping all folders in appdata... but reinstalling won't let me add the product key again.

I checked the internet... and all I could find was someone with a Mac facing this problem. But that doesn't help me as a Windows user.

Anyone else, using Windows, had this problem and solved it? Will have  face the same with DazStudio and any other Daz product that requires a key?

*waves*

Rhi

Post edited by Rhian-Skyblade on

Comments

• Update - seems that it is one of those pesky UAC problems. *facepalm* OK Problem solved.

I installed Carrara as Admin, but I did not elevate it (run as Admin) when I just wanted to work with it... bleh. Now I set up the file "run as Admin", which I find annoying.

Gotta love Windows 10... really.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816

Usually after install on the fist run right mouse click the Carrara desktop icon and select run as admin... enter the serial when requested and then that should be it.. every run after that just double click the icon as per normal..

on another note I have found that Carrara seems to be crashing more on the IP 14965 build of Windows 10 but the 14986 build seems ok so far. I am also running in Windows 7 compatability mode so that may help out a bit.