Installing Daz files to Poser

VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Q1) When I try to load V4 (Base) or M4 (Base) in Poser 8 it says it can't find the file and makes me go look for it. M4 doesn't actually show up; the menu bar says he's there, but the stage is empty.
How do I load these so they will work properly and load directly from the menu?

Q2) I found a forum question about the new installers. Poser 9 to Poser 12 apparently use DSON Core and Poser CF. What about Poser8? Do the files find these installers on their own or will I have to direct them?

Using PC.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

If a product is packed for DSON and Poser 9+ then the chances are it will not work in Poser 8

Products that will work with Poser 8 will either have a Poser core installer, or a .DPC.

When you installed V4 and M4 in poser, where did you install them., and did you initialise them

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

When installing V4 and M4 choose DAZ Studio as the target application - it doesn't change the files installed, but it does skip the check for the Poser application file. When the figures were released, Poser 6 was current and for that they had to be in the application folder's Runtime, but with modern versions of Poser that is unneeded and with current operating systems it's a bad idea.

• VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

These were helpful. Thank you!