PerspectX's 1973 Station Wagon -- do doors open?

https://www.daz3d.com/1973-station-wagon Do the doors open on this model? This is not mentioned in the product description, so I just thought I'd check.

--MW

Comments

• msam921msam921 Posts: 141

Nope, only the steering wheel and tires move. :(

• Most of his stuff is not interactive, really pisses me off tbh :( 

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

The UVs are a bit difficult to work with, too.  So, if you are planning to change the textures or materials, you might have a challenge ahead of you.  Beautiful model as it stands, though.  I have it, as it is a nostalgic piece that brings back many childhood memories

• msam921 said:

Nope, only the steering wheel and tires move. :(

Slosh said:

The UVs are a bit difficult to work with, too.  So, if you are planning to change the textures or materials, you might have a challenge ahead of you.  Beautiful model as it stands, though.  I have it, as it is a nostalgic piece that brings back many childhood memories

Thanks for the details, everyone. That's quite a disappointment that it's such a static model, especially since I believe it was added to the store relatively recently [i.e., in the last 2 years]. One would think that a vehicle model in particular would have more moving parts than just tires at this stage in the digital content lifecycle.

--MW

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Whew, love that model, reminds me of the metallic sky blue model Chevy wagon my dad had as I was a toddler that I dreamed drove into the Chicago River and we had to swim to shore to get away from the sharks. I also hooked myself on the bicep with fishingpole hook going to Kanakee State Park that I miraculously managed to get out before anyone found out.

edited December 2016
    Slosh said:

The UVs are a bit difficult to work with, too.  So, if you are planning to change the textures or materials, you might have a challenge ahead of you.

This is a little worrying as I plan to customize the appearance of the model and add more functionality (doors that open/close, windows that roll up/down, etc.), which will require some altering of the textures. I guess we'll see how it goes!

Most of his stuff is not interactive, really pisses me off tbh :( 

Me too. It's a shame, he has such beautiful models (that tend to be pretty darn expensive!) - why not just go a step further to make them user-friendly?

Post edited by msam921 on
  • You might want to check out Nationale7 over on that Poser oriented site.  His vehicles are for Poser  some of the dimensions are off (not simple scaling .. look up length, width and height and scale appropriately)  .. you'll want to use shaders for DS. Tom2099 on sharecg has some great period appropriate freebies https://www.sharecg.com/Tom2099.  The various parts aren't linked up in any coherent way so each major subassembly has to be one separately, but an hour's work will give you good results.  Doors open, windows operate, wheels steer and rotate, antenna go up and down...  A bit spendy, but every few months there seem to be good sales.

You might want to check out Nationale7 over on that Poser oriented site.

I'm familiar with that vendor! I have several of his models wishlisted and am pretty sure I own a couple. Good stuff. Don't think there are any station wagons, though (yet).

Also, thanks for the link to the shaders. I've been looking for just that sort of thing.

• msam921 said:

You might want to check out Nationale7 over on that Poser oriented site.

I'm familiar with that vendor! I have several of his models wishlisted and am pretty sure I own a couple. Good stuff. Don't think there are any station wagons, though (yet).

Also, thanks for the link to the shaders. I've been looking for just that sort of thing.

Some of his models are for Vue, so you have to look around a bit, but I have his '54 and '57 Chevy station wagons.  There are more recent cars, but I think all of the wagons are late 40s and 50s.  HIs more recent (model year) pieces tend towards muscle cars...  I'm more interested in normal cars you see on the street.