Holy Xploding Xmas Penguins!

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

While looking for the mythical northern gravy springs, a small group of scientists recently discovered this new species of penguin living off a small island close to Wigan Pier.

The penguin was given the genus (B*ggerItBirdycus) after the unique way it defends itself against predators. When attacked or feeling threatened, such as being exposed to Christmas carol lift muzak, the penguin explodes, forcing the attacker to retreat.

While the scientists where pleased to find this new species, they are concerned that numbers are declining. As yet, scientists are unable to explain this strange decline, though the foremost theory is the creatures are rather partial to fine Cuban cigars.

Another theory suggests that the demise of the smaller colony reported in the Blackpool area, is related to environmental factors and reproductive practices that are common to most species in the area. Living in sports bar and trying to mate with slow moving trams.

The model in the zipfile accurately represents an adult male bird, with typical winter head plumage. The pose is typical of many northern species. It is believed this is an attempt to make passing visitors think it's tougher than it actually looks. Usually when in this pose, the bird can be heard to make the mating call of 'gisafag'.

1.74mb Zip standard Poser Prop format.

Download from: http://www.poserdirect.com/freebie.html

forum_pengy.jpg
1024 x 768 - 122K

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Good Heavens! I take comfort that they seem to be confined to the other side of the pond from me. We have enough trouble trying to contend with the napalm spraying skunks in the woods here abouts. Is there a projection as to how much damage these things might do inside my runtime?

• edited December 1969

What a beautiful, majestic animal!

I need to watch for this one in case I ever decide to do an Audubon Society "big year". :o)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

skull = thanks

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Wow! What a discovery. Thanks for sharing with us.

• VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

*wipes tears from her eyes* Man, what a hilarious birdie! Thank you for sharing it and its story with us ^.^

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I knew my Runtime was missing something - a penguin to put on top of the television set!

Thanks!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

We have enough trouble trying to contend with the napalm spraying skunks in the woods here abouts.

Thanks for the mental image that make my eyes water and cross at the same time... :ahhh:
  • mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Is there a projection as to how much damage these things might do inside my runtime?

Depends on how many baked beans they've eaten...:)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

*breaks down with helpless laughter*
    *recovers a little bit*
    Thank you!

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone - enjoy the others..!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13707/