Saving aniblocks destroyed the animation - help?

bakkbakk Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,
I'm very new to Daz3d - using 4.5. I was making an animation in the timeline and spent quite a few hours doing it just how I wanted it. I saved it a few times as I progressed, (under different names) just in case I screwed something up, I could go back and fix it.
When I was happy, I tried saving the motions as an aniblock. I right clicked the gray bar on Aniblocks2, mada a name for the aniblock and thought everything was OK, until I clicked play and the animations were all over the place. Not even resembling the animation that I had made.
Not only that, all the animations in previous saved files got messed up too. I don't get that.
It wasn't a fluke either. I've tried re-doing the project and aniblocks messes it up everytime

So, the question is, what did I do wrong? I've tried looking online and I think I did it right, but does anyone have a step-by-step process written out for dummies?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

We need to know what Operating System you are using, and what version of DAZ Studio, Help > About DAZ Studio.

I am assuming that you have the paid for version of Animate2 otherwise you could not create an aniblock?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

if you make animation with many node rotation of genesis,
    I think you need to select all node (in scene tab, first select genesis root, then select children )
    (or if you can remember which node you move,, just select the nodes ,, but,, I think you can not ^^;)

after that create aniblock as you said. then save it as new aniblock.

after that, you can remove animation from ds timeline.

now you can apply the aniblock about new genesis.

aniblock.JPG
    815 x 740 - 92K
    edited December 2012

I try almost samething so many time in ds timeline before,,, ^^;

then I believe if you select only genesis root node,,
    aniblock can not memorize the each node rotattion and translation.

but I am so new comer about animation,, if say wrong,, please forgive me ^^;

eg I made animation in ds timeline only use pose controll with select root genesis.
    but actually, many node of genesis (hand or plevis r-thing r-foot etc,,) rotate, by pose controll.

so I think we need to select every node, when bake it as aniblock,,,
    if I select all node and make aniblock form ds timeline, it can work ,
    and we can check it in aniblock edit mode,, it can record key.

aniblock3.JPG
    756 x 706 - 74K
    aniblock2.JPG
    867 x 715 - 80K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • bakkbakk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the responses.
    It's 4.5.1.6 Pro version.
    Animate2 comes with it as a free downloead - trial version for 30 days I think.
    I'm using Windows 7

It seems that when I save it, it cuts off the last few keyframes in the timeline for each bodypart.

Also, on a side note...
    Once I start a new project and load an aniblock, it is possible to change any bodypart positions during the time that the aniblock is on? Or, change the translation position of the whole character while the aniblock is on? It doesn't seem to work, except on a static position.
    For example, I made a dragon flapping it's wings as an aniblock. Saved the aniblock -> started a new project with that aniblock. Everytime the dragon flaps it's wings, I need to move the whole dragon upward, but it will only allow me to move the dragon in a static position

edited December 1969

Hi bakk. there seems some ways to translate dragon with flip animation.

if you need not keep flip aniblock which recorded wing rotation only,
    you can edit the aniblock in edit Key frame mode.

that means you set new key, or overwrite key in aniblock, with record the translation (position) on each key.
    and save it as new aniblock. it memorize the hip movements too.

First I made aniblock in which dragon flip wings only.
    it do not record any translation.

I apply the flip aniblock as main track for subdragon.
    into edit mode on aniblock, then,I select hip .
    and translate and rotate hip, record key on each frame. what you want.

or you can apply flip aniblock as subtrack. then apply new empty block as main track,
    .and edit key in the empty block for hip translation.:roll:

dragon.JPG
    992 x 692 - 104K