Morphs vs. Post Work in Hexagon/Zbrush/etc

fakedoctorfakedoctor Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've found a lot of good information about creating morphs in software like Zbrush and Hexagon, but I've also heard of them being used for post-work, to clean up a scene (bending issues, clothing fits, and other things that only need minor adjustments that aren't fully handled by Daz Studio's own features). I've searched around the forums, but most of the information I'm finding is about morphs or content creation, and most of the post work information is people asking for input or showing off what they've already done, usually in Photoshop.

So how is postwork with this software (3d sculpting software) different? Is it possible to add polygons/details to the mesh at this stage? How is it imported back into Daz Studio for rendering (all of the tutorials talk about importing changes as morphs)?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What you're asking is not what is considered postwork. That is normally considered touching up a render after it is saved as an image. Editing the shape with morphs or other 3-D utilities is normally done before you render the image. So, you make the morph and use it in the render before it is touched up with postwork.

• fakedoctorfakedoctor Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

So when people say that they did some editing in Zbrush before rendering, they're referring to morphs that they made specifically for that scene/render?

edited December 1969

Yes, that is exactly what it means. Of course, most people make morphs to use over and over not for just one render.

• fakedoctorfakedoctor Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Thanks for clearing that up.. that actually makes things a lot simpler, heh.

edited December 1969

You're welcome happy I could help.