Uber enviroment lights turn screen all white

HIMMAGESHIMMAGES Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Howdy, trying this beta and it loads and works as far as I can tell. One weird thing when I use the built in uber environment lights the working pane turns all white. it does render fine but I cant see anything in the working pane. I can just wait to add this prior to my render but thought I would say ??

win7 pro 64 8 gig ram amd 8ish card honestly cant remember model. new drivers on all I can think of mebe just the amd card who knows.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

In the Scene pane, highlight the UberEnvironment and expand it. Then click on the Environment Sphere. Then under Surfaces, set the Opacity Strength for the sphere ot 0. That should allow you to 'see' through it. That's not a complete 'fix'...because if you have a high quality preset for it that uses a good quality image on the sphere, then you wouldn't be able to see it...but the presets included aren't intended to be used that way, so it doesn't much matter with those.

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

No need to go to the Surface pane - just click the "eye" icon beside the sphere to turn it off.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    No need to go to the Surface pane - just click the "eye" icon beside the sphere to turn it off.

That works, too..

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Simple answer to explain that. Your camera's father back than the size of the sphere for Uber environment. You can do either of both answers given to you. The best for actually seeing what will render is to select the Uber environment and change the size under parameters until it is passed your camera. That will allow you to actually see a example of what will be rendered. Turning off or setting the opacity to off will not allow you to see the environment map applied to the sphere.

Edit: remember, you do not actually have to see inside the Uber environment for it to work. I normally work with it reduced to a small sphere so I can rotate it very easily.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

That's it Jaderail the sphere is only for visual reference and plats no part in the lighting