Pro to Standard 64 to 32

Fox In The WallsFox In The Walls Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I downloaded the Daz Studio 4 Pro 64 bit from this website. I get the archive folder and unarchive it. I then have a number of archived folders within that folder. I unarchive Daz Studio 4 Pro 64 bit and ….er….on opening the program the title tells me it's Daz Studio 4 Standard 32 bit…!

Totally confused. Added serial number found in my account, but nothing changed.

Anyone else getting this - any help available.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The serial number should convert it from Standard to Pro, but there's no way for a 64-bit program to become 32-bit. Are you sure you installed the 64-bit version? Did you have a 32-bit version installed previously?

• Fox In The WallsFox In The Walls Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

My bad…I think. I looked in Documents folder and found the DAZ folder, selected the app and it ran and I entered the serial from the .txt file and I have 4 Pro 64-bit running fine. However, I originally asked the program to install in Applications, not in Documents (Mac)…any thoughts?

edited December 1969

By default the application installs in Applications and the content installs in Documents. Are you sure the application ended up in Documents, and not just the content?

• Fox In The WallsFox In The Walls Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Yes. Everything is in Documents, it would seem. If this is not going to cause problems, I don't mind, but if it's going to give me headaches later, I'd rather move / reinstall now.

edited December 1969

I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but I'm not a Mac person, so I can't say for sure. Let me see if I can find a Mac expert.