Install DAZ Studio 3 content into DAZ Studio 4

pdq72_67d9426a23pdq72_67d9426a23 Posts: 13
edited December 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

This has probably been asked, but I cannot seem to find it as a topic title.

I did a fresh install of DAZ Studio 4.5. I do not have DAZ Studio 3 installed; however, I have a lot of DAZ Studio 3 content waiting to be installed. Can someone direct me to a site that goes step by step on installing "older content" in Studio 4.5. Basically, I want to search through my old content and see what works with Studio 4.5, before having to re-purchase similar content.

Thanks.

Post edited by pdq72_67d9426a23 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,845
    edited December 1969

Just install to the My Library folder, assuming you acepted the default names - to the folder you have set as your content directory, in any event.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

And remember never to let any of the old installers run as default — if you let them, they will try to dump their files into content locations suitable for Poser, DAZ|Studio 1/2, or D|S3, depending on the age of the installer. Unfortunately, they will usually succeed.

Another thing to remember is that only a small proportion of the older items have been updated so far for metadata, so they will not show up in Smart Content. Everything will be there in the Content Library, though you will have to watch for stuff that only exists as Poser files. These will work just as well in D|S4.5 as they did in D|S3, but they will not be in the same place in the Content Library tab as the D|S-native files.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I'm running DS4.5P on Win7, and the install path is:

C:\Users\[User Name]\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

I haven't had any trouble INSTALLING older content to DS 4/4.5 -- it's getting that content to work properly AFTERWARDS that you gotta watch out for (so far only older plug-ins and things like PoseWorks shader sets, which have now been updated for 4.5).

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Good point, do not my any plug-ins that do not say they have been updated for 4.5. If they do not list 4.5 in the information do not buy them and expect them to work.