Victoria 4 is 10; Still a Looker...

WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
edited December 2016 in Poser Discussion

I just realized that Victoria 4, arguably the most widely used Poser figure ever, was relased ten years ago this past week...

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/DAZ+3D+Launches+Victoria+4.0.-a0155882831

Thanks to weightmapping and Snarlygribley's EZSkin, she still works well. 

For those who don't yet have the weightmapped version, I have the Poser Place open-source weightmapped V4 (a Python script to add a new WM rig to V4) and the Outfitter Clothing utility to transfer the weight maps to clothing on my Google Drive...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9_I3V6UTuuXcGlDMkdYVVhtd3c

Snarly's EzSkin 3 for Poser 11 is here, which will add sub-surface scattering to any texture for either Firefly or Superfly...

http://snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezskin.html

EZSkin2 for Poser 9 and 10 here...

http://snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/legacy/ezskin2.html

v4wmrc9carcrop.jpg
983 x 847 - 61K
Post edited by WandW on

Comments

• FossilFossil Posts: 166

That woman sure has staying power doesn't she.  Her wardrobe puts anyone else's to shame and she has many more characters than all the Genesis models put together.  The processes for making morphs and clothing for her has been well documented, and she has proven to be a mainstay for us professional graphic artist who make real money at this.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

M4 is also very good. I think they are both very special and keep going back to them. 

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

Now we just need a sale so we can buy more things for them!  *wink* *nod*

• Need a weight-mapped V4 for DS.  One that works with all of her shoes.  Maybe that should be Genesis 4 Female.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes, she jumped straght in my cart the day she came out,  and I haven't really used any other female model since.

• FossilFossil Posts: 166

Good one Chohole.  I guess Daz isn't making any money from folks like us.  I use the free software but now make my own items and use the huge pile of free stuff that's available.
     *snicker*

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846

Need a weight-mapped V4 for DS

DS 4 doesn't use Posers parametric rigging, as a result all Poser rigged content is dragged through studio's import converter, and turned into general WM rigging, basically everything is converted into a very poor man's version of Genesis 1.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

I tried loading the Poser Place V4WM into Studio 4.9, and although it griped a lot on loading about vertex indices in the weight map being out of range,  it seems to work rigging-wise, except the ERCs for the ghost actors (buttocks, groin and breast bones) didn't import.  However, it doesn't seem to save properly...

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited January 2017

Gretchen : Here's my number...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited April 2017

Marianne : Things that make you go hmmm

For a 10 year old Figure, I think she doesn't look that bad..

I still use V4 70% of the time.

Nice!! smiley

Are those in Poser?

• yes they're done in Poser2014 Pro.

yes they're done in Poser2014 Pro.

Firefly indeed still has some life left... smiley

• CyberdeneCyberdene Posts: 72
    Llynara said:

M4 is also very good. I think they are both very special and keep going back to them. 

Yeah but people have ignored and neglected Michael 4 too, in fact the Male Genesis figures have way more clothing than him and that's what pisses me off more than anything because I get to hardly use M4 it's the same thing with the Kids figures too, they are also neglected just as bad. And definately need more morph options. You can do way more to the Teens and Kid figures in Genesis or so it seems like, That means fitting Genesis 3 clothes on them giving them way more in terms of wardrobe ability. I have a converted that lets me put V4 and M4 clothes on my K4 figures but it sucks horribly bad, it's not always accurate, and the morphs for the clothing disappear soon as you convert them to the K4 figure. 

• CyberdeneCyberdene Posts: 72

I still think that Smith Micro needs to give us a New Victoria figure. Poser is still lacking behind in features that Genesis 3 figures get, like more ways to make characters look wet and sweaty, more genital options, etc.I can't even find a decent Genital prop for V4 but I have plenty of good ones for M4. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2017
    Cyberdene said:

I still think that Smith Micro needs to give us a New Victoria figure. Poser is still lacking behind in features that Genesis 3 figures get, like more ways to make characters look wet and sweaty, more genital options, etc.I can't even find a decent Genital prop for V4 but I have plenty of good ones for M4. 

Victoria,  all the Victorias are from Daz,  not Poser.  We are up to Victoria 7 and Michael 7 now.   The poser figures are no longer made by Daz, that ended with the debacle around Poser 5.  So Posette is the last Daz created female figure to be included with Poser.  Victoria has alsways only been available from Daz, from V1 onwards.   They are up to Victoria 7 and Michael 7 now.  

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Cyberdene said:

Search renderotica with google ...