Bryce 7 installation

mrali2206mrali2206 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, I just downloaded Bryce 7, and I got 4 installation files.

I have already installed the EXE file. Now, I am installing the Bryce Pro Content file. On the installation window, I get the choice to select a path:

1/ Specify an installation path

2/ Select a path from a list

I chose the first one, and it prompts me that this will uninstall the previous Bryce in my directory. What to do?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

I personally think it is best to install the conent to a temp folder and move it.

I will try find you a link to the PDF Horo made, showing where stuff should go.

OK, here you go http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mrali2206mrali2206 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What if I create a folder in the Bryce directory, and name it to "ProContent", and install the Pro Content there? Is it good?

edited December 1969

Mine install is probably not typical, as for a start I have no programs installed on my C drive, everything is installed on D apart from OS, browser and AV and such.

But I have made folders like this.

Your idea could indeed work, as long as it is a separate folder

BTW did you download and read the PDF I linked to. It is very good.

my_inwstall.jpg
    1020 x 598 - 229K
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this has installed in another folder. All I know I chose the Bryce main folder itself in Drive C, and it prompted me if I will uninstall the previous version, I chose NO, and it installed!

edited December 1969

If you can tell me, how to know if the installation is OK, it will be nice. The Content installer went to Presets.

edited December 1969

Yup that sounds right. Most of the content in the smaller content installer is presets.

THe more varied stuff is in the large Bonus content installer teh one that is larger than 600 mb. that includes all sorts of stuff, including ready to reander scenes that you can pull apart to see how they were made