transparency with imported characters

jrm21jrm21 Posts: 140
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am trying to use the "Horse 2" product in Carrara (8.5 beta, MacOS). I installed the "content" version in a new folder and imported that folder into Carrara's content browser. Everything seems to load correctly.

I am having an issue with the mane and tail. See picture for example. I seem to remember there was a setting in Carrara to avoid the problem (assuming it is the transparency issue I think it is).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

horse1.jpg
640 x 480 - 16K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Looks to me like they don't have the texture applied to them at all. Isn't the mane and tail separate, or conforming or something? Maybe there's a separate mat file or image maps?

• jrm21jrm21 Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Arrgh.. I figured it out.

When I added the mane and tail items, the "tree" of the figure opened up. Both mane and tail are added at the end of the tree as separate individual items.

I didn't realize they were down that and was adding the material/texture to the wrong place. Your comment about texture caused me to look at it closer. I originally thought it was similar to the issue where things like transparent eyelashes would not render with transparency.

Thanks

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Glad I could help!