Wrong atmosphere loads with .BR3 files

Good Monday to you all.   I recently purchased a copy of Bryce 7 with the hopes of re-rendering some of my favorite old (1997-2001) Bryce files.   Most of these are saved in the .BR3 format (Bryce 3?)

Unfortunately all of these files load with the atmosphere set to default rather than what I had saved with the file.    Basically my .BR3 files are useless because it would be very difficult to 100% match the atmosphere settings of the original.   Yes, I could probably fiddle with the settings and get something close.   I require 100% fidelity with the originals however so that won't work.

I hope there is some way the program can be updated to read the atmosphere information from these files.   My (unfortunately rate) .BR4 files load fine.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,152

If you still have Bryce 3, install it. I have all Bryce versions from version 4 installed, each one in a different folder and I can use them all.

• Unfortunately I don't have my old copy of Bryce 3 (or 4 for that matter).   That's why I purchased Bryce 7 :-)

• I do not have any .br3 files to test this idea but perhaps you could load them into say 5.5 instead, which was made freely available, legitimately as far as I know, but if not then I am sure the moderators can remove the link.  I post it here in good faith in the hope this might help.  http://www.schoolfreeware.com/Freeware_Bryce_Download.html  Be careful to use suitable virus protection, I do not know the provinence of this website.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It just points to CNet, which goes back to Daz, which no longer has 5.5 for free,  so close, but no cigar.    smiley

edited December 2016

Since br4 files load fine in 7.1, I doubt that 5.5 would be of any help anyway. Question is,whether br3 files load fine in 4.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Unforuntately I don't have my old copy of Bryce 4 either.

Btw, Here's what some of my old renders look like.

I do have Bryce 4 still installed. If you want you can send me a br3 file and the rendered image and I can see what I get when opening in it in Bryce 4. My hope is that when it renders correctly in 4, and it is saved, then 7.1 opens it correctly (I have 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.3 and 7.0 also installed if any intermediate steps are needed).

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,026
    edited December 2016

Beautiful renders. smiley yes at the site you linked.

Post edited by mermaid010 on