Upgrading to 4.5 from 4

2getit2getit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there any way to upgrade to 4.5 from 4 without losing all of my installs? Should I uninstall first?

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

You won't lose all your installs... Some items you will have to re-instal, but for me it hasn't been a very big deal at all. Expect to have to re-download some items if you don't have the installers archived, and get the fix duplicate IDs script... huge time saver, that one.

• 2getit2getit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just have literally hundreds of stuff in my library, most of them aren't from daz that are from renderosity, and renderosity doesnt like it when i download something twice

edited December 1969

Have they actually told you not to? I've downloaded content from R.com multiple times because of various issues... I've never been told I couldn't.

edited December 1969

yes its told me i downloaded it too many times

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 2012

The stuff that you might, possibly, maybe have to re-download is only the stuff from DAZ that has been updated to the new DUF/DSON format.

I doubt it will be anything from Rendo.

4.5 only uninstalls what it installed itself, that's basically the 'Starter Essentials' and its built-in content.
    Items you installed separately, (even other DAZ products) are not touched by the installer.

(Though its always good to have the original installers backed up somewhere) :-)

Post edited by prixat on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

2getit said:
    yes its told me i downloaded it too many times
    You should be able to reset downloads at Renderosity as I have done it myself a couple of times. If you're ever in doubt, contact them directly. The automated system isn't as helpful as a real person, and they're usually quite accommodating.
    edited December 1969

That's true, actually... the only thinngs really affected are native DAZ content...

edited December 1969

ok cool, thanks guys

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I haven't run into anything from Renderosity or RuntimeDNA that I had to re-install. It's just a few of the DAZ specific things like the Genesis Evolution morphs and things like that.