I have had many of errors I thought I found them all but here is a new one

MalusMalus Posts: 370
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I could list all the errors I have had for the past few weeks, but I will just post a new one that I never had seen before.

It happened while rendering, here is a pic.

If you want I could list the name of errors that have been happening quiet frequently, but I just get tired of reporting them because I know it is bugging you. Considering the list is a mile long but is the same errors over and over.

Some_type_of_render_error.jpg
1038 x 497 - 52K

Comments

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited December 1969

Now it has rendered I don't know what's going on but carrara is really really buggy. I think my version is 8.5 but I have always been getting the same errors on carrara 8.1 except for the render one.

edited December 2012

Why is this still transparent as you can see it has no reason to be.

Never mind again.

For some reason the texture map acted like it had transparency on it when it has none.
    The texture map I had made doesn't have any transparency to it though.

why_is_this_still_transparent.jpg
    1368 x 515 - 103K
    Post edited by Malus on
    edited December 2012

Do you know of a cure for the render error cause it is happening now at random times for no reasons.

Now the error is occurring constantly.

Found out what was causing the error.

I guess you can't put to many auras in one spot.
    I had 4 objects in one spot with auras on them.

Never mind I thought it was the aura but after upping the quality it won't stop doing the error.

I have narrowed it down to anti aliasing.

Now I have to narrow it down a bit more and I will tell you the combo that does it with me.

So far anti aliasing at good and accuracy at .5 works.
    But with anti aliasing set at best and accuracy set at .5 it does the error.
    I'm narrowing how far does the accuracy go down to before the error.

Well I didn't have to narrow it down when I put it on best with 4 pixels it did the error.

Best anti aliasing is the error.

Now I need to find out if it is just for this render or the others to.

I think it is this one because I have a spot that has a lot of detail in one area.

I will check on other ones just in case.

Post edited by Malus on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Do you know of a cure for the render error cause it is happening now at random times for no reasons.

Now the error is occurring constantly.

Found out what was causing the error.

I guess you can't put to many auras in one spot.
    I had 4 objects in one spot with auras on them.

Never mind I thought it was the aura but after upping the quality it won't stop doing the error.

I have narrowed it down to anti aliasing.

Now I have to narrow it down a bit more and I will tell you the combo that does it with me.

So far anti aliasing at good and accuracy at .5 works.
    But with anti aliasing set at best and accuracy set at .5 it does the error.
    I'm narrowing how far does the accuracy go down to before the error.

Well I didn't have to narrow it down when I put it on best with 4 pixels it did the error.

If you think it's too many objects with Auras causing the problem, upping the quality won't fix it, it would make it worse as it generally takes more resources to do high quality versus low quality. Besides, the aura is a post effect and from the screen shot, it appears Carrara is still rendering the image.

One question I have, is the object you're having the shading difficulty with, in the scene? Does Carrara give you the error when it begins to render the object? Did you model the object, and if so, did you do it properly?

Your image looks like an animation, yet you don't mention how far it got, what the resolution is, what your render settings are, what's in the scene, etc. etc. You need to provide data for a generalized message like that.

edited December 1969

No, no animation. It got to 89.1 percent complete before the error .
    5.25 x 7, 200 dpi.
    Everything is modeled correctly.
    Also I turned off aura it fixed it for one render, then it went back to giving me errors.
    It seemed to do it only on best anti aliasing.
    I think I added 2 images for comparason.

Sometimes_its_hell_being_a_scientist.png
    1400 x 1050 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Well that was weird I post something with 2 image it wrote over the top one and put the other on the bottom weird.

edited December 1969

I'm posting this error because I have gotten tired of it.
    This error also hampers my progress.
    This error will happen anytime every time.
    What causes it is if I click outside of a channel that hasn't gotten animation to it.
    If I go to click on something I can only click on the triangles or the curve anything else this error pops up.
    Why this hampers me is because I need to select all triangles in one specific time frame but as you can see with this pic it wont let me.

this_happens_all_the_time.JPG
    871 x 564 - 59K
    edited December 1969

I'm having that rendering problem, but with an animation.

W:8.89 in.
    H: 6.67 in.

dpi: 72

Anti aliasing: Fast
    Object Accuracy: 2
    Shadow Accuracy: 4

24 fps

Windows AVI

Wth_video_animation.JPG
    1350 x 798 - 122K
    edited December 1969

It froze at the beginning of this morph where the door was opening.

It_freezes_at_the_beginning_of_this_opening.png
    640 x 480 - 245K
    edited December 1969

I got to go a bit further with the door here is an image of how far it got with everything set to 4 pixels and anti aliasing off.

as_far_as_I_can_get_it.JPG
    1794 x 535 - 101K
    edited December 1969

Has anyone found a way around the render error I'm having it again this time it is a still render, and everything is at default except the dpi which is at 170.

edited December 1969

Here is what the scene looks like.

Wont_render.JPG
    839 x 724 - 57K
    edited December 1969

Doesn't have aura nor does the spikes make a difference.

edited December 1969

I don't know what it is because I thought it was the spike ball the ball is gone and it made it through the ball. Here is a pic

I_dunno_anymore.png
    1511 x 1133 - 504K
    edited December 1969

Found out it won't render the 3 spheres together it can render the 2 in the middle together or the 1 outside by it self but not 3 together. Seriously will you please find a fix.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited December 1969

OMG, these freakin' "Error Occurred while performing "Save As"" is seriously wrecking me!
    Wrecked! Gone in the head.
    Ready to smash some pretty expensive stuff just for a bit of absolution! Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!
    It seems to happen all the time - and it's KILLING ME!

Sorry for adding another error here, GR... but I just needed to vent to a possible sympathizer.

edited December 1969

Seriously wth I rendered an image completely then I went and move a couple of objects just barely any and now it has the render error.

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Hi Grim,

Sorry but you're really not giving anyone much information to solve anything here.

I appreciate your frustration but I have always had the impression that you rush headlong into projects before fully understanding what does work. You keep using DPI as an indication of image size and while this is relevent when given with print dimensions (where we can then work out the actual image pixel dimensions) for rendering purposes please start thinking in terms of absolute pixel size.

Now for a bit of diagnostics:

Can you try splitting the scene apart and then gradually building it back up again, testing and rendering at each stage, until the point that it fails. My biggest suspicion is that you are getting conflicting shaders and lighting or a piece of bad modelling which is sending the renderer into a resource eating loop.

edited December 1969

OMG, these freakin' "Error Occurred while performing "Save As"" is seriously wrecking me!
    Wrecked! Gone in the head.
    Ready to smash some pretty expensive stuff just for a bit of absolution! Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!
    It seems to happen all the time - and it's KILLING ME!

Sorry for adding another error here, GR... but I just needed to vent to a possible sympathizer.

I sympathize I have error occurred while saving error occurred while exiting nul point error viewing error where the scene you are viewing cant be viewed ever again so you have to throw away the entire project and start over. I have had it where this happened try edit something edit it good save as, error occurred while saving, then I shall exit, error occurred while exiting. I have got new ones recently with the sequencer not allowing me to do a lot of stuff and now this new render one. Also another error or bug of sorts where when I'm using the texture room I lose a my pivoting tools and other things disappear which makes me have to exit and open it back up. I also have it where carrara freezes about 70 percent of the time when I exit carrara which makes me have to use task manager to exit.

edited December 1969

I had everything set to default that is why I just said what was the difference which was the dpi.
    I got one of the random renders to render all the way.
    All my models are good.
    I think that it got caught up with all the alpha channels this time but seriously isn't there a way around that.
    Here is the render that went through.
    In this image I did change the dpi to 170, anti aliasing good, object accuracy 1, shadow 4.
    If you want to I can put the scene up for download.
    If I have to change my entire scene for the 3D rendering engine to work, then there is something wrong.

Got_it.png
    1511 x 1133 - 1M
    edited December 1969

An example. Just happened (lol)

See.jpg
    530 x 235 - 19K
    edited December 1969

Well yes, that's the point, there's something wrong with the scene and we need to solve that.

Post the scene and I'll have a look. It's 1:40 am here so it may be much later that I get back to you.

edited December 1969

I never, ever get that. I've had some crashes but I always know why and it's usually my fault.

That message probably means some process is still running in Carrara that hasn't terminated properly.

edited December 1969

Tell me if this works (sorry new to this)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lrmwlzi1o8ltu7w/-jC_691Fvi/The floating city 2.car

edited December 1969

Tell me if this works (sorry new to this)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lrmwlzi1o8ltu7w/-jC_691Fvi/The floating city 2.car

Got it, had to copy and paste the full text, the hyperlink was broken.

edited December 2012

There are no textures in the file so this is not a true test.

It rendered straight away with no issues. Took 1 minute 49 seconds.
    If it's a memory or shader issue the textures may be significant, choose the 'save all internally' option when saving the file and I'll check it again. I'll look at your light and shader set-ups too.

Have you got one that definetly breaks?

But off to bed now.

Post edited by RoguePilot on
    edited December 1969

I opened the scene up and it gave me file not found error and then the 2nd time it opened it.

edited December 1969

This one seems juicier in size so it might be right.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lrmwlzi1o8ltu7w/NXDeAn3yd0/The floating city2.car

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited December 1969

I never, ever get that. I've had some crashes but I always know why and it's usually my fault.

That message probably means some process is still running in Carrara that hasn't terminated properly.
    I never get most of GR's errors either and, quite frankly, their existence has me totally perplexed - wishing I could help.

But Rogue Pilot, you must obviously be using 8.5 beta, right?
    Do you ever get an error while trying to save a file?
    Once this happens, the file to be saved is totally done for - nothing left to do but close.
    I started up 8.1 again to get some stuff done before realizing that I've been working in and saving from beta 8.5 for quite some time now. I actually use two entirely different directories for saving, just in case (copied my entire 8.1 and earlier directories over to a new allocation just for 8.5 b saves - due to the Fast Mip Map texture option getting changed immediately upon opening a file in 8.5 - which I enjoy, but makes for a weeks worth of texture changing when opening 8.5 files in 8.1)

I have tried every combination of options after such an error occurs, simply in hopes of getting one that works.
    I suppose I could try deleting portions of the scene(s) and attempting to save again? I first noticed this happening while working with Genesis-related items. Turns out that Genesis has nothing to do with it. Perhaps aniBlock imports? That doesn't make sense either. Were that the case, you'd think that the error would occur during or after the import.

GR,
    I really feel for you, man! What the heck is going on?
    I love the stuff you're working on though... looks really awesome!

edited December 1969

Hi Grim,

I can't get it to crash.

Also I am not getting the exact same image in the render so I have a question.

Do you have any shader plugins installed?

Particularly ones that are using fresnel because that's the key difference I am seeing in the images.
    (I also had another shader that came out as pure white so I suspect that's at least two shader functions you're using that I don't have installed). I uninstalled some plugins recently so that I could make sure I had no compatability issues.

I've moved the camera around to try to induce a crash by stacking transparencies and reflections. I can max out my system to 100% on CPU but memory usage stays below a comfortable 3.1Gigs. How much memory did you say you had?

I've inspected the file and the header says it is 8.5.0.172.

I've opened and rendered it in 7Pro, 8.1Pro and 8.5 all successfully (apart from the usual differences). That's actually interesting in itself, I don't have the MipMap problem from an 8.5 save file.

You really know how to work the parametric mapping by the way. Well done on that.

The modelling looks clean but you could get a more consistent scaling between them if you build the vertex models to matching dimensions before you assemble them in the assembly room. (That's just a workflow choice in Carrara but it can also make transfering to other applications more straightforward)

To re-state it. I currently believe that this may be a plug-in issue.